cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Zoom going to fullscreen mode when remote user begins sharing?

lsloan
Listener

I've been in Zoom meetings where a remote user begins sharing their screen and it causes the meeting to go into fullscreen mode on my computer.  I don't want that to happen.  The meeting should stay in a window until I decide to go to fullscreen mode.  It didn't used to do this, but I see this happen now when I started using Zoom on a new computer.

How can I prevent Zoom from automatically going to fullscreen mode?

Looking at the Zoom "Settings" window, under the "Share Screen" section, I see an option for "Window size when screen sharing".  It has the choices "Fullscreen mode", "Maximize window", and "Maintain current size".  It's unclear to me whether this applies to when I begin sharing, when the remote user begins sharing, or both.

--
Mr. Lance E Sloan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @lsloan 

Yes, that is the setting you want to change. Its a bit misnamed, but I just tested it and it does indeed effect the size of the Zoom window when someone else begins sharing and your view changes. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

Hi @lsloan 

Yes, that is the setting you want to change. Its a bit misnamed, but I just tested it and it does indeed effect the size of the Zoom window when someone else begins sharing and your view changes. 

Thank you very much for the confirmation.  Do you know how I could open a change request with Zoom (the company) to suggest they make the text of the setting more clear?

--
Mr. Lance E Sloan

Bort

Yes, If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

I made a suggestion using the feedback form back in Sep 2021.  I needed to set up a new copy of Zoom recently (my Zoom settings were not correct, despite all my files being copied from my old computer to this new one) and I see that this option is still awkwardly named.

I've submitted another suggestion using the feedback form.

--
Mr. Lance E Sloan

treesap
Listener

You will not be surprised to learn that this wording still has not been fixed. All of the other settings are about what happens when you share your own screen, while this one is about viewing another person's shared screen. (Most likely also belongs more in the "General" settings section, given the types of options provided in each section.)

Zoom reallly doesn't seem take feedback seriously, in general. A little surprising given the competitive video conferencing landscape, though they're far from the only large software corporation with this mindset, heh.)

Thanks,
Travis