cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preassigned breakout rooms - unexpected attendees?

khoward2
Listener

I am going to be preassigning employees to breakout rooms for an upcoming meeting, but what happens to those who attend but I didn't preassign? Can I assign them a random room at the time we break out, or will they be automaticall sent to one if they weren't on the preassigned list? 

I'm new to the backend of breakout rooms, so appreciate any insight! 

3 REPLIES 3

JeanN
Listener

Yes, you'll be able to assign unexpected guests into breakout rooms.  When you click open breakout rooms, it'll throw up the list of attendees showing which rooms they have been assigned to.  This video is helpful  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313  Unassigned attendees will be listed at the very top and you'll be able to randomly assign them all to rooms.

Hi Jean. When you say "Unassigned attendees will be listed at the very top and you'll be able to randomly assign them all to rooms." does that mean there is a way to assign them all at once with some button that says "assign to room?" Are there any screen shots available to see, since I don't want to learn this when I have 25 people waiting to be assigned 🙂

Thanks.

That's exactly how I learned about this feature, only mine was 70 attendees  🙂  .... I had allowed attendees to choose rooms, but a few people - particularly those using assistive tech or older versions of Zoom - couldn't move themselves into the rooms. I was able to select multiple names and assign them into a room.  This video has the screen views at about the 1:30 mark.   I'm using a business account for work

You could invite 4-5 friends or team mates into a test meeting on the account you'll be using and give it a try for confidence.  Good luck!