cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-assigning participants to breakout rooms

jilanneholder
Listener

I'm trying to pre-assign participants to breakout rooms using a CSV file.  When they came into the meeting only 2 were assigned. They said they are all using the same email address for Zoom. I only had 8 people so I could manually assign them but when I have meetings with 80 I don't want this to happen. How do I ensure they all get assigned based on the CVS file. I used the template provided by Zoom.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NO, no need to make them register, Just check the meeting security option : Require authentication to join.

Then user will be force login in to join meeting.

Or you may need to let them login in zoom client before join meeting, that make sense too.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Cheney
Listener

Is this meeting need register ?

Please make sure they login in to zoom firstly and then join meeting

If still not work, may be you need to know whick client they are using to join meeting. Zoom Client(Mac/Win), webclient, chrome book, chrome extension or other platform.

We suggest users join meeting from zoom client and webclient if use pre-assign break out room

jilanneholder
Listener

Thanks for your response. This is not a meeting that they have to register for. I scheduled a meeting then sent them the meeting link. They would have joined the meeting from the link in their email inbox. Would this make a difference? 

Cheney
Listener

If i'm your meeting attendee, may be i will join the meeting by clicking the join link instead of login in to zoom client to join. so we will not know the attendee's email, and the pre-assign will not work.

Please make sure attendees login in to zoom client and then click the join link.

jilanneholder
Listener

Ok great, thanks that makes sense. If I make them register, then that would eliminate this problem? Because if they register, then they would have to sign into Zoom with the email they registered with in order to join.

NO, no need to make them register, Just check the meeting security option : Require authentication to join.

Then user will be force login in to join meeting.

Or you may need to let them login in zoom client before join meeting, that make sense too.

jilanneholder
Listener

Thank you!! I think that will do the trick. There is a little button to click to Require Authentication. I think that will work. Thanks so much!!

Hi @jilanneholder! Did @Cheney's suggestion help? If so, don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Jacqueline9
Listener

I have pre-assigned people to breakout rooms but only about half of the people have gone into the rooms and the rest had to be moved over by myself manually.  Does anyone know why they don't all automatically move into the rooms? 

I can see some possibilities in the answers so far - perhaps the people are not using the correct email or equipment - but this doesn't seem to make sense when so many of them don't move automatically.

May be them don't login in to join meeting