cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Point does not advance in Share Screen mode

jmellino
Listener

When I share screen to present a pptx file and change slides, the slides advance on my screen, but not for the viewers.

I have tried to reinstall Zoom, but to no avail. Help!

7 REPLIES 7

nando
Listener

I have the same problem...any comments to solve it? thx

jmellino
Listener

Nobody has had any suggestion until now... 😞

mige82666
Listener

this is also my issue.  Did you resolved this?

ATur
Listener

Same problem here for one of our users. Has there been any resolution for this?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Greetings, all: @jmellino@ATur@mige82666, and @nando:

I think one reason you might not have any answers is that screen sharing steps are pretty standard, and if you follow them, it's extremely rare for something not to work right.

Here's the definitive Zoom Support article on Screen Sharing:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-Sharing-your-screen-or-desktop-on-Zoom

And here's a User Guide I wrote for presenters in Meetings and Webinars that I facilitate:

https://meetingsandwebinars.com/userguides/how-to-screen-share/

One of these hopefully helps you get your Screen Share working.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you for this, much appreciated that you react even to tis old post. But sharing screen is simple and not a problem per se. The problem is that when I share my screen and showing a ppt in full screen, the ppt does not advance for the other viewers (it does on my screen). I have done this at big meetings with IT support, and the techs have not been able to solve the problem.  I have found a "sort of way" around it, by using "reader's view" (translated into English, does not know the English term) on the ppt, but I lose several functions...

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @jmellino.  Yeah, sometimes when I have time I go back and look at old posts that don't have a solution -- and for which I have some knowledge.

The only way I know of that your situation comes up is if the Screen Share is somehow Paused.  This causes the current snapshot of the screen share to be frozen for all other attendees.  Your floating screen share bar will look like this:

Ray_Harwood_0-1685347131591.png

The button to the right of Share Screen says Resume Share, and the part of the bar that is normally green is now orange.  If this occurs, click the Resume Share button and your computer should resume sharing, like this:

Ray_Harwood_1-1685347305694.png

The button to the right of Share Screen says New Share, and the left two-thirds of the lower bar is now back to green, as normal during screen sharing.

Also, please make sure you have updated to the latest Zoom desktop app.  Small fixes are made in almost every release -- and sometimes something is fixed that affects a rare occurrence like you're experiencing.

If you continue to have this issue, please ask your IT department to work with your Zoom Admin to log a Support Ticket with as much detail as possible.  

I'll attempt to send you a PM in the next few days.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !