cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting a message to an unattended meeting

roasterboy
Listener

We have a weekly meeting for our members to drop in and ask questions about Zoom and other stuff. I am the host. I plan to take a few weeks off during the holidays. I'd like to leave a message on the meeting, letting people know that there is no meeting and when we'll resume.

No one registers for the meeting, and few of the attendees are licensed through our organization.

I could turn on Waiting Room for the meetings when I'll be away. I can customize the Waiting Room and put a message there, but that customization appears to affect all meetings that I host, not just the selected ones. 

Deleting the meeting instances would leave an unfriendly experience as well.

I'd appreciate any thoughts. This might be an issue that needs to be addressed as a Zoom feature request.

Karl Hakkarainen
Factotum Emeritus
2 REPLIES 2

DanHuber
Participant

interesting idea. An out of office message for an always on meeting. Assuming you can't just send that communication to your members through email, webpage, social? If you enabled "join before host" then when someone connects they get a message saying waiting for host to start the meeting. You will get an email when someone joins that meeting. Or I suppose you could start the meeting and share a slide or document with that message. however it may need to be restarted from time to time. If you did edit the Waiting Room message its true it would change for all meetings but since you cannot host more than one meeting at a time you could always change the message back when you return. 

roasterboy
Listener

Thanks. 

I have sent the requisite emails and posted the news on our website. Experience shows, however, that someone or several someones will not get the message.

We did encounter a situation where the featured speaker couldn't attend. The alternate host logged in and started screen-sharing with a message that the meeting would be rescheduled. It did require a human to start and stop the meeting. 

I think it's time to submit the feature request.

Karl Hakkarainen
Factotum Emeritus