cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position of speaker window when recording

JunT
Listener

When I record while screen sharing with ZOOM, the speaker image is fixed to the upper right corner;

Does ZOOM have an option to change the speaker image to record somewhere other than the upper right corner, say the lower right or lower left?

JunT_0-1671157430295.png

I can do that on my PC, but others often tell me they can't do it on their PCs. I do not know what is causing this.

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @JunT.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to configure where the Speaker video is placed on a Zoom-created recording. 

Are you using Local, or Cloud recording?  There are different configurations for both. 

See the Recording section in this Zoom Support article for Local Recording options:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362623 

Especially see the details on these two options:

Ray_Harwood_0-1671159954109.jpeg

The first one Record video during screen sharing means do or do not show the Speaker video at all when when screen sharing is in progress. If enabled, the next item of Place video next to the shared screen in the recording can be checked to place the speaker video adjacent to the shared screen image, and if unchecked it will overlay part if the screen share image, as you have shown. Consider checking this box for Local recordings to ensure the full screen of the screen share is visible on the recording. 

I do most of my Zoom recording in the Cloud, and I typically check all of the separate video options, recomposing the video in post production. See the recordings from a Webinar I produced earlier this month in this YouTube playlist. All video was downloaded and edited this week in Premiere Pro. I understand Adobe products are not accessible to everyone, but there are free, inexpensive, and easy-to-use options out there for anyone that doesn’t want the default Zoom video layouts. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !