cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portrait Gallery View in desktop

myhappytraining
Listener

Hi,

I am creating a service that requires me to be able to connect to zoom from a desktop but all the other participants are in mobile in portrait mode and I require to see them simultaneously.  However, the gallery view for the desktop assumes that all participants are in landscape mode. Is there any way to change it? I do not want that a gray screen takes the left and right of each participant. See the image attached. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

masterwill
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi,

The orientation of the video really depends on how the users position their mobile phones during the meeting. The only solution for this is to ask everyone to position their phone horizontally when they join the meeting. This will have everyone be on landscape mode. 

miandrew
Listener

Hi,

Unfortunately, as of my last update in September 2021, Zoom's gallery view on desktop is designed to assume that all participants are in landscape mode. This can result in gray screens on the left and right of each participant who is in portrait mode on a mobile device.

At that time, there was no built-in option to change this behavior in Zoom's desktop gallery view. However, it's possible that Zoom has released updates or introduced new features since then. I recommend checking Zoom's official website or support documentation for the latest information and updates on this matter.

I hope this helps, and best of luck with your service!