cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pooling only some of the attendees

LJZA
Listener

Hi, 

Is it possible to pre-select which attendees of the zoom conference are permitted to take part in the poling? 

In the upcoming conference of my organisation we need to make some decision making, however not all of the participants are eligible to take part in the actual voting (which would be done using polling with "yes" or "no" answers). At the same time, I don't want to put them in a break out room during the voting. Is there some alternative solution? 

I am using a zoom-pro plan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @LJZA.

Everyone in attendance is permitted to participate in a poll.  There's no ability to "filter out" certain attendees.

How many participants would you expect to have on the participation list?  I might be able to recommend something based on the number of expected people.

Also, would this Conference Session be a Meeting, or a Webinar?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @LJZA.

Everyone in attendance is permitted to participate in a poll.  There's no ability to "filter out" certain attendees.

How many participants would you expect to have on the participation list?  I might be able to recommend something based on the number of expected people.

Also, would this Conference Session be a Meeting, or a Webinar?

Dear Ray, 

thank you for clearing up the first question. 

Regarding what you asked - I expect around 30-40 participants and it would be a Meeting. 

Ray_Harwood

I've had some organizations use this technique: all "votes" can be done in a Breakout Room.  The Host can set up waiting rooms so that attendees are assigned rooms, can't pick which room to go into, and are put into the room when Breakout Rooms are opened.  Only assign eligible people into a "Voting Room"; don't assign non-voters, or assign them to a "non-voting room".  Then conduct the poll in the Breakout Room only... or if secrecy isn't important, you can use the Reactions "Yes/No" and rely on the count shown to the Host on the Panelist window.

Thank you for the ideas, Ray!