cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poly Savi headset unmutes itself as soon as I mute on Zoom

Empedoc
Listener

I have a Poly Savi 8200 headset.  When I am using it with Zoom Meetings on a Windows 11 machine, and I mute either from the headset or from the application, the system mutes and then immediately unmutes.  This doesn't happen in any other application, using the same headset.  It also doesn't happen when I switch the audio on zoom to play through my laptop, instead of the headset.  Has anyone else seen this issue?

8 REPLIES 8

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Empedoc 

Good day!  I have a Poly 4320 and I have a similar issue where the mute/unmute "flaps".  Do you have the latest firmware for your base and/or headset?  What version of the Zoom Desktop client are you using?  I'm not sure if it's a bug with Poly or Zoom or the API connecting the two.

--Bill

BigGuyT
Listener

I'm on a Mac with Poly Savi 8200 using Zoom 5.9.1 (3506) and Plantronics Hub v3.24.0 (build 35631).  I have the same problem if Plantronics Hub is running at the same time as a zoom meeting...  Killing Plantronics Hub seems to fix the issue.

townsendwc

One thing I have recently found is if the USB dongle is plugged in to a USB hub vs the docking station or PC/Laptop directly, you will have the above experience.  If the USB dongle is NOT plugged into a hub, I cannot reproduce the problem.  Are either of you using a USB hub?

--Bill

Good suggestion.  I do use a Hub.  I’ll try connecting it directly and see what happens.

Thanks!

townsendwc

@Empedoc 

Please let me know if that does make a change.  I have an open case with Poly that has been escalated to their engineering team.  The more information that I can feed them, the better!

--Bill

Cherylmgraham
Listener

I have this same issue -- Did you ever find a solution? 

Bill's suggestion, above, to bypass the Hub seems to have fixed the problem.  For some reason, I didn't see Bill's request for me to let him know if it helped, so I never replied (sorry Bill, but thanks!).

tjapak
Listener

The exact opposite is happening to me. I am the host of the zoom meeting and when I try to go off mute, it immediately goes back on mute and nobody can hear me. Whether I use the zoom button or headset button makes no difference.