cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polls

oneeaglfan
Listener

I'm back...

Attempting to make a single answer poll question with one selection option.  It has been confirmed by Bort, that a minimum of two selection choices are allowed in the standard polling feature.  Is a minimum of two responses also required with the advanced polling option for a single answer question? 

I am trying to make an officers' ballot; all positions don't have multiple candidates.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @oneeaglfan, I'm back...

Unfortunately, advanced polling gives you more question types and other cool features, but the 2 answer requirement is still there for single-answer questions. 

Now that I understand how you're trying to use it, I can suggest a possible workaround for you. Since this is an officer's ballot and I assume this candidate is running unopposed, I would suggest setting the 2nd answer as (unopposed) or (Abstain), and just letting everyone know what the 2nd option means for their vote. Hopefully that allows you to still capture the info you need. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @oneeaglfan, I'm back...

Unfortunately, advanced polling gives you more question types and other cool features, but the 2 answer requirement is still there for single-answer questions. 

Now that I understand how you're trying to use it, I can suggest a possible workaround for you. Since this is an officer's ballot and I assume this candidate is running unopposed, I would suggest setting the 2nd answer as (unopposed) or (Abstain), and just letting everyone know what the 2nd option means for their vote. Hopefully that allows you to still capture the info you need. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks again Bort.  I like the work-around.