cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polls and Poll Reports

jjones
Listener

The professors my team support all use Polls. Only one uses the poll reports and we are trying to become more familiar with them. Has any one used the Poll Reports a lot? Does the meeting need to have registration enabled or have the authenticated user setting checked to see the names on the poll reports?

Best Wishes
JJ
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

macargel
Listener

From https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/213756303-Polling-for-meetings:

You can download a report of the poll results after the meeting. When viewing a report of the poll results, take note of these things:

• If registration was turned on and the poll was not anonymous, it will list the participants' names and email addresses.
  • If registration was not on, the polling report will show the profile names of unauthenticated participants and the names and email addresses of authenticated participants. 
  • If the poll was anonymous, it will show "anonymous" for the participants' names and email addresses.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

macargel
Listener

From https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/213756303-Polling-for-meetings:

You can download a report of the poll results after the meeting. When viewing a report of the poll results, take note of these things:

• If registration was turned on and the poll was not anonymous, it will list the participants' names and email addresses.
  • If registration was not on, the polling report will show the profile names of unauthenticated participants and the names and email addresses of authenticated participants. 
  • If the poll was anonymous, it will show "anonymous" for the participants' names and email addresses.

Macargel,

Thank you. We have ran into the "anonymous" issue.  It was not pretty.  I appreciate the feedback.

Best Wishes
JJ

We always suggest our faculty require authentication with the university credentials to avoid that. They don't always do this, but we strongly encourage them to do so.

I agree.  Authentication is the way to go.

Best Wishes
JJ

Do you run your meetings through any type of LMS? Does the authentication option work well with the LMS meetings? We have recently had faculty starting asking polling questions and I haven't had the chance to check how authentication works with LMS.