cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polls and Co-hosts

johnnybgoode
Listener

Hi, are co-hosts able to respond to polling questions?

Also, is there a way to force a poll to every participant who joins when they first join?

8 REPLIES 8

PNW_Sunshine
Listener

I am curious to see the response to this. 

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @johnnybgoode 

1. No, hosts and co-host cannot respond to polls. They can only view the results as answers are submitted. 

2. No, polls are entirely voluntary for participants and are only available when the host launches them. They cannot be set to appear upon join. 

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,  johnnybgoode

Bort's answer is correct.

As an alternative to number 2,

you can make it mandatory for participants to register when they join, so that they can answer questions.

Thanks, @Bort 

Okay...
Is there a viable workaround?
I want to use the Poll function for an election of a committee, and I as the host want to be able to vote.

I also have a co-host for task-sharing and resilience.

The only thing I can think is to:

a) demote the co-host to allow them to vote,

b) then re-instate the co-host & elevate them to host, and have them demote me to participant.

c) then I can vote.

d) have the  new host (ex co-host)  elevate me to co-host

e) then have them elevate me back to host.

Phew -  that's time-consuming and messy.

Alternatively is there any alternative Zoom feature for this purpose?

Thanks

I’m also interested. Ours isn’t serious - it’s a fun “where are you from poll” but it would be nice if the host and co-hosts could participate.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @KiwiRenee.

The problem is that someone has to have authority to run the poll, and the Zoom software is currently designed to only allow control or participate. Your workaround would be to demote co-hosts to Panelists so they could participate. It’s unlikely the Host will ever be able to psychosis participate and control the poll. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Yes, I'll go with demoting the co-hosts briefly, then promoting them back so they can participate. Easy enough,