cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling Limitations

Goodwiller
Listener

Is there a way to  set the number of choices selected in a multiple choice poll?

I am a professional parliamentarian, and I work with a number of groups that could use polls for online elections (such as for at large positions on Boards of Directors) if there was an option to limit the number of nominees for whom a member may vote. Example: there are five nominees for three slots. So on the "ballot" (poll), there are five names, and participants may vote for up to three.

Currently, it appears that the only options are to vote for one, or for as many as you want.

10 REPLIES 10

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Goodwiller , 

I believe that you may find what you are looking for with advanced polling in your settings for your host profile. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 10.53.24 PM.png

For more information please check out this support article surrounding advanced polling. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4412332344973-Advanced-polling-and-quizzing-for-webinars

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

hm. It seems my reply didn't post. At any rate, I do not find a solution in Advanced Polling. I need a very specific feature that is customary in the available election services (such as Election Buddy) - which is to set the number of "multiple choices" allowable in a "multiple choice" question. Both regular and advanced polling allow multiple choices, but neither allows the host to set the maximum number of choices.

YaBoiB

@Goodwiller , 

I searched our marketplace.zoom.us  for election buddy, 

https://marketplace.zoom.us/search?q=election%20buddy 

and apparently, we do not have an active integration with that software, but you may want to check their site and see if they do have any APIs that will allow you to integrate with Zoom. We have over 2000 integrations, but some software companies may work with Zoom but not actively market their software on the marketplace. I will continue to research this for you. It is a great topic and functionality that we should have if we do not already. Stay tuned, please!

Regards,

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Goodwiller
Listener

Still hoping for a solution here that will not require clients with limited internet ability to navigate between two separate apps in the middle of a meeting - not to mention the cost of third party voting options!

YaBoiB

Hello @Goodwiller ,

Ever since v5.7.3, we have had Zoom Apps where you can integrate from within your meeting client for users such as this. 

I hope that this is helpful. 

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Goodwiller
Listener

Unfortunately, that does not help. It seems that one of the third-party providers would need to develop a relationship with Zoom to make that work - which could cut into their own  fee structures for using them.

It just seems to me that Zoom could add this functionality into the existing advanced polling options pretty easily, and solve the problem. Is there any way to get that request in front of the Zoom tech and leadership staff to see if it can happen?

Greg

Bort

I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

Thank you. I will do that.

Greg

I put this question to the Zoom tech team in the first quarter of 2021, they said they would look into it. So far, no solution. I guess if we keep on asking, they will give it some priorty. 

ulrick_b
Listener

I am following this suggestion because I have the same  problem with Credit Union AGM voting.