cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling Issue

romanomagic
Listener

Every now and then I am unable to launch a poll.  This normally happens if it's a meeting with a co-host.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

Thanks!

J

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @romanomagic 

I have not seen this specifically, but when I do see disparities between features and users (particularly Hosts) I like to check each person is on the same, latest, version of Zoom software:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version

EFCSJ
Listener

Yes! I just ran into this today. I was the host of a meeting and had used the "claim host" key to become the host (I have multiple Zoom accounts, so I often use claim host to get control of meetings). We also had four co-hosts. When I tried to launch the poll I was told that I was not the host and could not launch the meeting! This even while I was clearly marked "host" in the participant list.

We eventually realized that one of the co-hosts was able to launch the poll and continued in that manner.

But clearly, there is some bug in Zoom that prevented me, the host, from launching the poll.

My version of Zoom is 5.7.6 and version 5.8.3 is available, so maybe this has something to do with the problem. I wish Zoom alerted me to pending updates more clearly. I use Zoom every day and had no idea I was this far out of date.

But I am not sure the Zoom version is to blame. I used the very same meeting to practice this poll with some others yesterday, also using the claim host key to get control of the meeting, and at that time I was able to launch polls without issue. Same meeting, same host, same versions of Zoom, and even a few co-hosts in the practice.