cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll Library Limited to 10 Polls

JasonKoZillow
Listener

As an enterprise user, we have several Zoom integrations enabled for our LMS. However, we use a lot of Virtual Instructor Led Training sessions. As such, the need to integrate polls into these sessions is critical. Rather than having to create these polls each time a session is set up, we love to use the Poll Library, so that they are available when the course is live. 

The problem with this, the Poll Library limits preset polls to a maximum of 10 per account. Is there a way to increase this number or will Zoom increase this limitation in the future?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @JasonKoZillow,

I don’t think there’s a way to increase the number of polls – I know it’s not a setting you can change from the user end. 

I’d recommend a 2-pronged strategy for you:

• Feature Request: https://www.zoom.us/feed – tell Zoom you’d like the ability to increase the polls available
  • Support Ticket: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new – create a support ticket and ask to have your number of stored polls increased. If it’s not possible even for them to increase it, they’ll tell you; if it is, hopefully they’ll give you more.

Come back here and let us know what you find out!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @JasonKoZillow,

I don’t think there’s a way to increase the number of polls – I know it’s not a setting you can change from the user end. 

I’d recommend a 2-pronged strategy for you:

• Feature Request: https://www.zoom.us/feed – tell Zoom you’d like the ability to increase the polls available
  • Support Ticket: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new – create a support ticket and ask to have your number of stored polls increased. If it’s not possible even for them to increase it, they’ll tell you; if it is, hopefully they’ll give you more.

Come back here and let us know what you find out!

JasonKoZillow
Listener

Hi @Ray_Harwood , 

Thank you for the options. I've reached out to Zoom to see what the possibilities are and will update once I hear back. 

Thank You!

Jason 

mlqs01
Listener

I have a very similar issue. I wonder if you found a solution?

Hi @mlqs01 

Unfortunately, level 2 support only advised me to submit a feature request, which I had already done. So at this time, we dont have a solid answer

AndyBpdx
Listener

@JasonKoZillow have you received any resolution?

Just looking at this issue, and discovered that Zoom now allows more than ten polls to be saved; however, only ten can be active at any given time. Changing the active polls is done by going to the Polls tab under Meetings and clicking the blue slide on and off.

I'm a Zoom admin at a large university medical center, and many of our users do education--definitely going to let them know about this addition.

Ray_Harwood

Greetings, All!!

Zoom has recently significantly updated the Poll feature.  Anyone wanting to use Polls to their maximum should take some time to review the latest Zoon Support article (updated February 3,  2023) for information on advanced polls and quizzes:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4412325214477-Conducting-advanced-polls-and-quizzes-in-mee... 

Ken_Tryon_URMC
Listener

@Ray_Harwood yup--I noticed this because Zoom put a big happy NEW balloon above the Polls feature. I passed it along to some of my users who do a lot of education sessions with polls.

JasonKoZillow
Listener

Hi All, 

It looks like the stored polls feature is still limited to 10 active polls. We have multiple sessions running daily among several integrations. Instructors are often pressed for time, coming from one meeting to another and doing their normal work in between. While you can store more than 10 polls, our instructors do not have admin access to zoom, therefore they cannot switch the active polls. This is the problem. Otherwise it takes time to build each session group of polls.  Unfortunately Zoom was not very helpful and with the layoffs occurring currently, I doubt they will have much bandwidth for further review on this matter at least in the near future. 

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @JasonKoZillow, look at the info in this Zoom Support article on Advanced Polls & Quizzes under Limitations:

• You can create a max of 50 polls for a single meeting, with each poll having a max of 50 questions. 

Not sure if this helps... but maybe.

Ken_Tryon_URMC
Listener

@Ray_Harwood Had to look a bit harder to see how this works—I can have 50 polls in a meeting, but still only 10 active polls in the persistent library, so I have to create the additional 40 for just a given meeting. Kind of a weird limitation, but it's likely plenty for most users—I'm an admin and don't actually run a lot of meetings, so I'll need to check in with some of my poll-heavy users.

Ken Tryon
URMC Collaboration / Zoom Admin
(585) 273-3044