cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing an .MP4 file in a Zoom meeting

rmeagher0317
Listener

Dear Zoom Community Members,

I want to play a .MP4 file (video/audio) in a Zoom meeting for participants to watch and listen to. I can share my screen to play the video...participants can see the video, but they cannot hear the audio. I suspect I need to change my audio settings in order for participants to hear the video (.MP4 file)...but I don't know what settings to change. Can anyone help?

Sincerely,

Robert

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Yes, you need to allow Zoom to capture the computer audio, in addition to the visuals you are sharing. This article should help: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362643-Sharing-computer-sound-in-a-screen-share

Also, be sure the volume on the media player is turned up enough. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

This worked perfectly, Bort. Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Yes, you need to allow Zoom to capture the computer audio, in addition to the visuals you are sharing. This article should help: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362643-Sharing-computer-sound-in-a-screen-share

Also, be sure the volume on the media player is turned up enough. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

This worked perfectly, Bort. Thank you!

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I would recommend using the Share -> Advanced -> Video option to share an .mp4 file. It automatically selects Share Sound as well as Optimize For Video Clip. It also provides better quality in many cases than sharing the 3rd party player or screen. I commonly see 720p25 delivered with this method.

Jeff Widgren
#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen