cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placdeholder photo when video off

JPF-1
Listener

Several people in my meetings have profile photos when their video is off, and I did at one time. However it now defaults to black screen with my name.  How do I restore the profile photo as a place holder?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

As @Tom says - you need to update your profile in web settings.

You also need to ensure your Zoom client is logged into your Zoom account so that it picks up your profile.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Rupert

As @Tom says - you need to update your profile in web settings.

You also need to ensure your Zoom client is logged into your Zoom account so that it picks up your profile.

Thanks both. I usually just click the invitation link, but it doesn't necessarily log me in. This will work.

What works? did you get it to display again? 

I have NO idea what that means...

I'm having this same problem where all of a sudden my photo is no longer showing when I stop the video.  My photo is in my Profile when I log onto Zoom on the web.  I don't understand what you mean here by making sure your client is logged into my Zoom account.  Can you advise?

Did you get an answer? I still have not figured it out. It's important that tI have this feature for my profession. Thanks! 

I had the same issue. When I joined meetings I could not see my pic with video off even though my profile has my pic. The issue was that I was logged out of the zoom app. Go to start menu, launch zoom app and make sure you are logged in.

Hi 

First of all thank you so much for messaging me- 1) I was on a zoom in my MACBOOK AIR 2) I opened the zoom app on my phone (profile photo displays on the app) 3) still no profile pic 

🙄

Can you please explain what you mean by "ensure your Zoom client is logged into your Zoom account"?

Rupert,
Since your REPLY is up here at the top of this webpage,
can you please add a SPECIFIC EXAMPLE
so these other women can understand what you're talking about?

My guess is that they don't understand that there's a difference of just signing in to a meeting and they're NOT BEING SIGNED into THEIR ACCOUNT. Could you add an exact sample up here in your initial REPLY TEXT BOX (since it's at the beginning—it will make it
a whole lot easier for people looking for a resolution & they won't have to read down past the 25+ other entries that are still confused about what to do.
They DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR EXPLANATION.
When you give an exact example—it's much EASIER TO UNDERSTAND!
Like telling them where "Web Settings" is and where their "MY ACCOUNT" is.
e.g.  [Show them how to get to "My Account"].
I hope this helps!

Gratefully,

Aileen
          My Account ["dropdown Menu"]  > Zoom Account
         but give them the whole process from the when they just get Zoom to come up.

time

duration

frame

framerate

I have the same problem. My photo is on my profile but it doesn't show up on my place holder screen.

Well, I'm not happy to hear that others are experiencing it also, But I'm glad to not be the only one. I tried to contact Zoom directly, to no avail. Let me know If you discover anything. thanks!

ReginaP
Listener

mine as well. I have no idea how to fix it. have you found out?

Suddenly my photo is showing up again.  I don't know why.

did you do anything that may have restored it? or it's the mystery 

NYCChick
Listener

Mystery!

JPF-1
Listener

Hey folks, The answer to my question was promptly answered above.  But in language some did not understand, and I get looped in on all responses. So here I try and I hope it is visible to all:

I was not logging in to my downloaded Zoom account so when I merely clicked a link that was sent to me, Zoom could not access my preferences and photo and thus it goes to the default mode of just showing your name.  Operator error. Just make sure you are logged in to your account when you click a meeting link. That is the whole answer. Hasn't been a problem since.

Ok thanks. But I never had this issue before. When I've gotten a link from another host, I always just clicked the link - my photo was there until I "allowed video". But, I have a zoom tonight, & hope that your resolve is the answer - thanks JPF-1

That's the issue. This never happened before so what has caused it to do this now? I was just in a meeting and it happened again.

I have done so, still my photo is not displayed. Just my name - can you be a bit more specific on how I can get my photo to display when I turn off video?

ReginaP
Listener

What's the solution?

I can only tell you what the person answering my query told me, and it worked.  You need to update your profile in web settings on the Zoom app with your photo, and you need to make sure you are logged in to your account so the session can identify your preferences and profile photo. That worked for me, I just wasn't logged in.

Hi Regina,

I realize your posts about this were Nov 2022 but I just searched this because my placeholder photo disappeared and I cant get it back and was wondering if you were able to resolve it and if so if you could please tell me what you did. I have my profile photo in zoom website and zoom app and i just click when invited to zoom not sure what they mean about signing into your zoom....

peacelovecoffee
Listener

same issues 

Frank_TB

Zoom can be accessed three main ways;

1. From the Zoom desktop application (after you have installed the application and signed in).
  2. From a web browser by going to the Zoom Website https://zoom.us/signin#/login 
  3. From a mobile device  using the correct Zoom mobile application and signing in.

Each method has a way to sign in using your account username and password. You can sign in to Zoom with your email and password, or by using your Google, Apple, or Facebook account.

Once you sign in Zoom will  know who you are, and if you have set up a profile picture you can use it.

Here is the Zoom support document that describes how to manage your profile picture after you have logged in

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7056836613517-Managing-profile-picture-on-the-Zoom-web-por... 

Here is the Zoom support document that describes how to customize your profile

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363203 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

1) I get a link in my email to sign onto a zoom

2) I click the link

3) my placeholder photo does NOT appear

Frank_TB

Hello,

Regards

Hi Frank

i logged into my zoom app on phone first 

then clicked on the zoom invite on my MacBook Air - when I turn video off I see my name no photo when I keep video on and manually slide to cover camera it’s just a blank screen no name - along time ago I clicked hide self view that has long been corrected but wondering if that messed it up ?