Ready to set up and use Zoom, but aren't sure where to start? Begin with our onboarding support experience for everything you need to get started.

Get Started
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placdeholder photo when video off

JPF-1
Listener

Several people in my meetings have profile photos when their video is off, and I did at one time. However it now defaults to black screen with my name.  How do I restore the profile photo as a place holder?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Rupert
Collaborator

As @Tom says - you need to update your profile in web settings.

You also need to ensure your Zoom client is logged into your Zoom account so that it picks up your profile.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Tom
Observer

Rupert
Collaborator

As @Tom says - you need to update your profile in web settings.

You also need to ensure your Zoom client is logged into your Zoom account so that it picks up your profile.

Thanks both. I usually just click the invitation link, but it doesn't necessarily log me in. This will work.

What works? did you get it to display again? 

I have NO idea what that means...

I'm having this same problem where all of a sudden my photo is no longer showing when I stop the video.  My photo is in my Profile when I log onto Zoom on the web.  I don't understand what you mean here by making sure your client is logged into my Zoom account.  Can you advise?

Did you get an answer? I still have not figured it out. It's important that tI have this feature for my profession. Thanks! 

Can you please explain what you mean by "ensure your Zoom client is logged into your Zoom account"?

I have the same problem. My photo is on my profile but it doesn't show up on my place holder screen.

Well, I'm not happy to hear that others are experiencing it also, But I'm glad to not be the only one. I tried to contact Zoom directly, to no avail. Let me know If you discover anything. thanks!

ReginaP
Listener

mine as well. I have no idea how to fix it. have you found out?

Suddenly my photo is showing up again.  I don't know why.

did you do anything that may have restored it? or it's the mystery 

NYCChick
Observer

Mystery!

JPF-1
Listener

Hey folks, The answer to my question was promptly answered above.  But in language some did not understand, and I get looped in on all responses. So here I try and I hope it is visible to all:

I was not logging in to my downloaded Zoom account so when I merely clicked a link that was sent to me, Zoom could not access my preferences and photo and thus it goes to the default mode of just showing your name.  Operator error. Just make sure you are logged in to your account when you click a meeting link. That is the whole answer. Hasn't been a problem since.

Ok thanks. But I never had this issue before. When I've gotten a link from another host, I always just clicked the link - my photo was there until I "allowed video". But, I have a zoom tonight, & hope that your resolve is the answer - thanks JPF-1