cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piano Lessons - Teacher (my wife) has two webcams - Can the student have two as well?

Macca
Listener

Hi All! Thanking anyone for a reply:

1. My wife (host) is giving piano lessons to our grand daughter via Zoom.

2. We have two webcams - one on my wife & the other an overhead for the keys

3. So far so good!

4. Our grand daughter uses her laptop computer webcam for a view of herself

5. Now, my wife needs an overhead webcam view of the grand daughters key layout

6. So!  Can the student use two webcams as well as us?

Wishing you all the very best!

Macca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AbhinavK
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi Macca,

Thank you for dropping this note here, it's very heartwarming to think of Zoom being used to teach kids how to play the piano.

To answer your question, yes your grand daughter can have an external USB camera connected to her laptop and can share the video of that second camera via screenshare i.e. if she were to click on screenshare and advanced she can select "content from 2nd camera" to share the video from the 2nd camera in the meeting.

Hope this answers your question, if it does please click on "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AbhinavK
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi Macca,

Thank you for dropping this note here, it's very heartwarming to think of Zoom being used to teach kids how to play the piano.

To answer your question, yes your grand daughter can have an external USB camera connected to her laptop and can share the video of that second camera via screenshare i.e. if she were to click on screenshare and advanced she can select "content from 2nd camera" to share the video from the 2nd camera in the meeting.

Hope this answers your question, if it does please click on "Accept as Solution"

Hello, AbhinavK.  I am trying to the same thing as macca, also for piano lessons.  I have two video sources connected, but I can't find a way to stream both on my Zoom call.    One source is a Lenovo webcam which has been working for years.  The second is a SONY camcorder through a new elgato capture device, which is working properly.  I can choose either in my Video options, but I can't find a way to use both.  My "share screen" options are shown in the attached screen capture.  I don't see any option to use both.

AbhinavK
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi PickerDad,

You cannot have both videos streaming at the same time in separate windows, when you are in a meeting if you click on the screenshare option you can stream the video of the 2nd camera as the shared content. The video from the first camera can be seen in a smaller window as participants on the side. Refer image on how to choose to share content from 2nd camera 

Hi AbhinavK ,  thank you kindly for your prompt and clear answer.  I've got it  working now with my main camera as my zoom feed and the second camera as a share..  I'm good to go!

One further question.  When I turn on sharing, the share automatically takes over the entire screen and hides the main Zoom window.  I've set it up with my second Zoom window showing the main camera in front of the share screen, but it's a bit cumbersome.  Is there a way to show the share in a window?

btw, I'm running on Windows 10.

Macca
Listener

Hi AbhinavK & thank you for your reply - We will go about getting her that extra webcam then. All the best!

Regards - Macca

Ghulami
Listener

please open the zoom I have class now