cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Personal meeting ID

catchthevision
Listener

I would like my personal meeting ID to be the same for all of my scheduled meetings. Every time I schedule a meeting, it produces a new meeting ID. Can I change this to my personal meeting ID? Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

There is a setting that allows this behavior. I don't personally use this feature, as I feel I would end up with an unscheduled visitor in a different meeting. Once they get that first invite with your PMI they can click on it anytime in the future and end-up in exactly the same place... maybe even when you're meeting with somebody else.

But, here is where you can find that setting. It is located in the Zoom Web Portal, under Schedule -> Schedule Meeting section. Here is a screenshot...

ZoomTestKitchen_0-1662854478347.png

If you found this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

kenshackley
Listener

Related question (which I could not find an answer to online): If we set aside the security concerns, why can't I just use my Personal Meeting ID for all meetings? Use that same link, and send it out via email to the attendees? And never preschedule the meeting with Zoom? In essence, every meeting would become an ad-hoc meeting. This would provide great ease and flexibility in scheduling meetings. I can do all my scheduling via email.

Possible downsides: 1) this assumes my meetings are small, and that Zoom's servers will always have capacity to support my ad-hoc meetings. 2) There is a small risk that since I always use the same meeting link, someone will use that link to "bomb" another of my meetings at another time.

At my previous employer, we used a different web conferencing provider (not Zoom) and we used this method all of the time to host meetings. Same personal link for every meeting, sent out via email, never bothered to schedule the meetings in the provider's servers. I didn't worry about "bombing" because the meetings were small and I personally knew all of the attendees.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Ken S.

ZoomTestKitchen

@kenshackley 

It sounds like you're aware of the concerns commonly considered when someone is contemplating always and only using their Personal Meeting ID for all of their meetings.

Those Zoom customers (including myself) who have had a very uncomfortable and embarrassing experience with virtual meeting bombers all fall into the category of "convenience decision-making." They didn't want to be burdened with creating/scheduling a meeting, and they assumed they were burdening their customers. And, they have never had the sweet experience of having explicit and other inappropriate material being displayed to all your attendees. And when that bomb goes off, and our image is stained, that is when we make the necessary adjustments to avoid that happening again.

As a consultant, I certainly wouldn't recommend going down that path. But, at the end of the day, it is your decision.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Shrey
Listener

yes