cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passwordf shows when I joined someone else's zoom meet

Jam31
Listener

I would be grateful if anyone could help.

I joined someone else's zoom meeting and my password was showing instead of my name.   How can I correct this and why has it happened?

Thank you in advance

7 REPLIES 7

thliatena171
Listener

hi

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

You're able to change your name in a meeting as described here:  https://teaching.nmc.edu/knowledgebase/changing-your-name-in-a-zoom-meeting/

You can also change your name in your Zoom profile so it stays updated: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363203-Customizing-your-profile

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

Bringing this subject back up. I know how to change my name in the meeting and how to change my profile. The question isn't how to change it, it is:  Why when I log into a meeting does it show my Zoom password as my name? This is a huge security issue since that password is used for other things and now is visible to the  meetings I log into. Is Zoom addressing this security issue? 

cdeitsch
Listener

Bringing this subject back up. I know how to change my name in the meeting and how to change my profile. The question isn't how to change it, it is:  Why when I log into a meeting does it show my Zoom password as my name? This is a huge security issue since that password is used for other things and now is visible to the  meetings I log into. Is Zoom addressing this security issue? 

Did you find an answer to this problem? It's happened to me, too.

Unfortunately, we did not get a resolution to this matter but I believe it is not happening anymore after a Zoom update.

Thanks for replying. I'd just reinstalled zoom on my laptop, and possibly it installed an old version. I've run an update and it seems OK now.