cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password may have been compromised on another service

PapaRed
Listener

I received an e-mail two weeks ago saying, "We're reaching out to you as we've determined that your login and password for Zoom may have been compromised on another service. At Zoom, we take extra steps to help prevent compromised credentials from other platforms from being used for your Zoom account."

I changed my password to something unique from any other password that I use for any other login.   I received the same e-mail again just two days ago and my password was automatically reset. 

Can it be determined what other service could be causing this issue?  Why is this happening? 

12 REPLIES 12

MikeyC
Listener

Same thing just happened to me. Last week I was forced to reset my password. I reset it to something unique from any other password. This morning I received another email telling me I had to reset my password because it had been compromised. Since this password is only used with Zoom, it can only be Zoom itself that has been compromised.

And it just happened again. I think it's time I started looking for a replacement for Zoom, particularly since no one from Zoom seems to care...

jedi596
Listener

This has happened to me three times now. Just got the third notice today. I also have 2 factor enabled on the account. My passwords are by no means weak. I have to assume Zoom is the one having the issues and is getting compromised.

Has happened to me as well and I also have 2FA enabled.

PapaRed
Listener

After a chat with Zoom Help(less) center I think I determined that there is something in place to see if the user/pass logs into another device within a certain time period, and if so, it assumes that your credentials have been compromised.  I tried to explain that with our Enterprise account it is entirely possibly that multiple devices could be used, especially if something happened to the main computer being used for a meeting/broadcast and a replacement was used. 

I haven't been able to determine how much time should elapse between multiple device logins, but we are just doing what we can for the time being to keep this from happening... again!

quangbuitu
Listener

this just happened to me. Then I changed my password yesterday and still receive the same issue that my account is compromised. I have not log onto any other device other than my phone for the past months. Thank you Zoom Help(less) center for not helping at all. For a big company like Zoom, I'm surprised it took me 3 hours to even get to these posts because I kept calling them and had to look for so much things to verify my account (zoom meeting number, then host key, etc... only to have them slap back at my face stating they don't support live chat with my paid account)

Howiechicago
Listener

Same thing has happened to me twice.  I did use two different devices, but this has never happened before so I think Zoom has developed a problem.

ZoomFrustrated
Listener

This has happened to me at least 4 times over the past month.  It is beyond frustrating, and from these comments it appears that I would be wasting my time reaching out to Zoom for help.

ZoomZoomGabor
Listener

Yes this is bullshit. I use a unique password everywhere, so how could a password I've used elsewhere compromise this account?!!

I just had an epiphany on this matter - I sign into the Windows Zoom client using my work account, at work, AND at home!

My computer at work doesn't get turned off save for a reboot for updates, same as my home computer.

When I sign into Zoom at work, it signs me out at home. When I sign back in at home, it signs me out at work.

Yet the Zoom client on iOS stays logged in the entire time ... I'm almost willing to put money on the fact it's the account logs from 2 different locations on the internet that's tripping things up 🙄

bfca
Listener

4/25/2023 I received the same message and was forced to change my very unique password. I'm beginning to question using Zoom, whether these are glitches or real situations. The lack of live chat support (paid account) and the inability to get answers adds to my concerns. It is the identical message every time:

"We're reaching out to you as we've determined that your login and password for Zoom may have been compromised on another service. At Zoom, we take extra steps to help prevent compromised credentials from other platforms from being used for your Zoom account."
"We recommend you immediately reset your password and enroll in two-factor authentication to further secure your account. If the password for your account has not been reset in the next 24 hours, we will reset your password as a safety measure to prevent any potential unauthorized access to your account."

do you use the same account on multiple PC's at different locations? Support wanted me to do a mass sign out of ALL my devices, then enable 2fa.

Pretty sure *my* issue is signing in to Zoom at home, while my work computer is still running with Zoom actively signed in. And if I go to work and sign in, while my home computer is running with Zoom signed in, it gets triggered again 😞