cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passcode consisting from numbers only

infatum
Listener

It would be nice if Zoom generated a code consisting from mixed characters, both numbers and digits for PMI . I had a user who had a purely numeric passcode starting with 0. While the user passcode got copied into a Google table, Google automatically converted the passcode into a number since it only consisted from numeric characters, and the left most 0 got truncated. As a result, some users were unable to join the conference since 0 character got removed. Can this be forethought? I get it's not Zoom's fault, but it would be nice if Zoom safeguarded such situations. Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @infatum thanks for your post on the Zoom Community! Actually if you are able to sign into the Zoom web portal and go to Account Management, and Account Settings, under the "Security" sub section there is a place to configure passcode preferences:

jeremyjustin_0-1642205804896.png

If you are able to navigate here you can set passcode default parameters. If you are not the Account Owner or admin, and do not have access to this area, perhaps you can put in a request with your account Owner/Admin to tweak these settings?

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

there is no "account settings" or "security" anywhere on my menus. no support found anywhere. 

jeremyjustin

Hi @AstecRick if you are not the Account Owner or admin, and do not have access to this area, perhaps you can put in a request with your account Owner/Admin to tweak these settings? Often times as a corporate or education user you will have someone else who is the main admin of your Zoom account/tenant. 

OK I can turn it on and off but there seems to be no way to either set or display the numeric passcode!