cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passcode and Host Issue

Bridget
Listener

Hi, love some help. This happening to anyone else.

I've scheduled a Meeting for 4 Wednesdays in a row. I've chosen to tick the passcode as the option. It worked the first 2 times, with me being host. Now on this 3rd time and 4th time, the passcode was skipped and everyone could enter without it and the Host wasn't recognised so I couldn't record the event. I've tested it for this 4th time and I can get straight in without a passcode, and also concerned that I won't be able to record the event also. Last time down to the right of the screen, it showed a place for us to click on to claim the host. This didn't work. I am the host. I also tested out not allowing participants to enter whenever they liked to make sure I as the first person on to claim host. But this didn't change anything. Please help? I don't understand what settings I have wrong. Thanks so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Peter_Uy
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Bridget,

I hope all is well with you!

Kindly share with us a screenshot how you would normally create a meeting invite.

Looks like the reason why participants are able to join the meeting even though the host has not joined, the "Allow participants to join anytime" might have been selected.

Also, to be sure that all meetings are recorded automatically, it's best to tick on the "Automatically record meeting" you will be presented with two options to either record it "Locally" or "In the cloud

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 2.43.44 PM.png

The inability to claim host, would you recall if you were signed in to your Zoom Account either or both thru the web portal at zoom.us or through the Zoom Client (desktop/ mobile app)?  

Don't forget to hit link and mark this as solved if you're happy with the solution provided.

Thank you and stay safe!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bridget
Listener

Bridget again. I also created a new meeting to start all over again. But it did the same thing. I'm not sure what settings I have to change. Thanks so much.

Peter_Uy

Hi @Bridget ,

Please let us know if the above presented solutions fix the inquiry.

Don't forget to hit like and mark this as solved if this answers your question.

Thank you and enjoy the rest of the week!

Peter_Uy

Hello @Bridget,

I hope all is well with you!

Kindly share with us a screenshot how you would normally create a meeting invite.

Looks like the reason why participants are able to join the meeting even though the host has not joined, the "Allow participants to join anytime" might have been selected.

Also, to be sure that all meetings are recorded automatically, it's best to tick on the "Automatically record meeting" you will be presented with two options to either record it "Locally" or "In the cloud

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 2.43.44 PM.png

The inability to claim host, would you recall if you were signed in to your Zoom Account either or both thru the web portal at zoom.us or through the Zoom Client (desktop/ mobile app)?  

Don't forget to hit link and mark this as solved if you're happy with the solution provided.

Thank you and stay safe!

Bridget
Listener

Thanks so much I did all you said and it's resolved. I was signed in also. Thanks