cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particular app doesn't show in screen sharing

ClintonVadnais
Listener

Does anyone know what would cause a particular application to NOT show up in the list of open application to choose from in the Basic Screen Sharing window? To my knowledge any open application will show in the Basic tab as an option to choose from. To share that application only. In Windows 10, what might cause a single specific application to NOT show up in that list? It's a healthcare application. Is there some type of certificate that prevents it from being shared potentially?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patricia_B
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

This is just a theory but it's possible the healthcare app itself is blocking any type of screen capture. This wouldn't be done on the Zoom end, so you would need to check with the app provider.

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patricia_B

This is just a theory but it's possible the healthcare app itself is blocking any type of screen capture. This wouldn't be done on the Zoom end, so you would need to check with the app provider.

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

ClintonVadnais
Listener

I found some instruction from the app to use the share "screen" function. I guess it's a permissions or privacy thing. First I've come across it but it makes sense. Thanks.