cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants' video panel disappears while I'm sharing my screen

roninbar
Listener

Zoom is great, but this thing is driving me crazy. On more than one occasion, various elements of the UI disappear without any warning or apparent reason. I searched this forum and found an answer that says "click the ... (More) button and choose 'Show video panel'". I clicked the More button but this option is nowhere to be seen. Of course when I stop sharing the screen everything goes back to normal.

17 REPLIES 17

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi, @roninbar I am sorry I missed this! Are you still having issues with this? If so, please let me know.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello, I am having this same issue and can't seem to solve it. 

Hi @Hunter_Blair , thank you for reaching out!

Can you please send a screenshot of what you are experiencing? Please block out any personally identifiable information such as full names and meeting ID. 

Thank you!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

If I hover, I can see the  vid panel, but I cannot maximize it to show the particpants in the room - I would normally put this on my 2nd monitor but it will not maximizeIf I hover, I can see the vid panel, but I cannot maximize it to show the particpants in the room - I would normally put this on my 2nd monitor but it will not maximize

Hello - I am also having this issue. I can't see participants, and when I click "more" during screen share there is no option for "show video panel." I am on a 2020 MacBook Air

Hunter_Blair
Listener

The screenshot is too large to include on this forum post due to the limit of 9 mb

@CarlaA  I change the file type to a JPEG so it would fit this is our screen set up while sharing.

Fi-enmasse
Listener

I am having the same issue. Any resolution?

philbert66
Listener

I have this same issue

stuck minimized. while not maximize for local participants to see remote participants.  VERY FRUSTRATING.stuck minimized. while not maximize for local participants to see remote participants. VERY FRUSTRATING.

here in this screenshot I am hovering over the zoom windows to show you that I can see it exists, but it will not maximize

I have the exact same issue, did you have any progress in resolving?

Thanks,

Anthony

Fi-enmasse
Listener

Any updates for this one? I am still experiencing this problem

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

I wonder if you have tried the following settings?

Settings > General > Use dual monitors

The dual-monitor display feature allows the video layout and screen share content to be placed on two separate monitors/screens. Gallery or speaker view can be displayed on one monitor while the other monitor displays shared content. This is useful for presentations and hiding notes from the participants.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362583-Using-Zoom-desktop-client-with-dual-monitors 

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 7.50.31 PM.png

Settings > Share Screen> Maintain current size

Settings > Share Screen>  Scale to fit shared content to Zoom window

Regards

I am having this issue currently and this didn't help 😞

Any solution? Help!

Juliazul
Listener

Hello, I started experiencing this issue randomly today. Any fix?

philbert66
Listener

in my experience, switching to the main zoom window - find settings (gear icon) and in General settings,  3rd item down is Use dual monitors - this setting is not intuitive and / or doen't work correctly.

Changing it fixes so you don't have to restart the meeting.  Whatever it's set to, switch it.  if it's off, turn it on, vice versa.
use-dual-monitors.png

spicygreen
Listener

I tried this but I am still having this issue.  Just to clarify,  when none of the participants (including me)  are sharing their video and I am sharing my screen, the participant list disappears.  Even if I can't see their videos, I would at least like to see the names so that I can see who is on the call and see when their icon lights up when they are speaking.  Thank you!