Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants fail to Share the screen to Main Screen

BillWang
Listener

Hi, All, 

I met a problem: 

1. I have set the dual monitor in the classroom. Main screen is used for teacher, and second screen for Gallery view to show online students.

2. When teacher shares the screen, it works well. The ppt file can display in main screen, and online students in gallery view screen.

3. However, when the students (participants) to share the screen, the ppt file displays in Gallery view screen instead of main screen. Why? Can I change it?

Thanks for any supporting!

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @BillWang,

Please check the General tab on the Settings window on the dual-monitor classroom computer.  Look at the Use dual monitors menu item.  Is it checked?

Ray_Harwood_0-1655222449569.png

If it is UNCHECKED, then Zoom will only display on one screen, and since you have the gallery set to display on Monitor 2, Shared Screens from other attendees will also only display on that window.

I recommend you read this Zoom Support article on dual monitor mode, and ✔️the Use dual monitors item:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362583-Using-Zoom-desktop-client-with-dual-monitors

The article points out that when YOU share YOUR screen, you should be able to still show the Gallery on Monitor 2.  When you are not screen sharing, the gallery view will be displayed on Monitor 1 and, if there are more to be viewed, on Monitor 2.  If you have more than 25 but less than 50 attendees with video turned on, I'd recommend setting the video display option to only show 25 videos per screen, to get the best view of the class.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !