cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant unable to record

J_lucy
Listener

I allow my clients to record meetings, I do this by clicking participant icon at the bottom of the screen and then clicking 'allow participant to record'.

Some of my clients can record and  can't. The ones that can't are getting a message saying ' please request permission from the host to record' but I have already allowed permission?

does anyone know how to resolve this, or why this might be happening with some of my clients and not others? i have asked clients to check their settings to make sure they have the 'allow host and participant to record the meeting to a local file' option selected and they all say that they do.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Creola
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @J_lucy ,

Local recording is not supported on iOS and Android so I will suggest these participants are not trying to record on these types of devices.

Best regards,

Thanks Creola, the ones with the issues have been on desktop computers not their phones, so i don't think that is the problem, but thanks for offering that though, good to know for future

Ponoth
Listener

I am also facing a similar issue, where some of my participants are not able to record, although I have given permission.