cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant's mike auto unmute during meeting despite all participants set to mute

Serena_SL2
Listener

Hello

I was co-host when I noticed this particular participant's mike kept on unmuting when thought we set everyone to auto mute. We had to mute him everytime he went on auto unmute.

Is this because his personal settings were set in a way that enables the system to umute itself when it detects some noise ?

2 REPLIES 2

pieterbotes
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Serena_SL2 

There are various ways that the participant could be unmuted from their side.  This may have been a faulty headset or them simply pressing the mute button without them know it.  Honestly cannot give you a solid answer on that without knowing the full participant setup.  There is however currently no functionality in Zoom itself to auto unmute when it hears you talking.

That said, you could uncheck the "Allow Participants to Unmute Themselves" during your next meeting to avoid this.  This will ensure that a participant needs to ask to be unmuted which could put some control back in your hands, depending on how you want to run the meeting.  Managing participants in a meeting – Zoom Support

Have this answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

Thanks!

Ben4ever0711
Listener

I think the participant is able to Press and hold SPACE key to temporarily unmute self if he releases the spacebar it goes back to mute.