cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant ability to return to a break-out room

cladas
Listener

I recently had a participant leave a break out session to ask the host a question.  Then, the student was unable to return to their assigned break out session and as the host, I couldn't figure out how to send him their either.  Is there an option to do this that the participant didn't see?  

4 REPLIES 4

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @cladas thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! In the spirit of simplicity I thought it would be helpful to send over this link https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-Breakout-Rooms

There is a LOT of good information about how to manage breakout rooms. A couple thoughts

- sometimes hosts will allow people to self-select their own breakout rooms. This would allow them to leave a breakout room and come back to the main room, then choose a different room. They should also be able to go back into their own room as well, if they left and wanted to go back https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005769646

- if you want to assign rooms, start them, and then be able to make some changes on the fly, you can take advantage of our new feature which allows you to manage breakout rooms in progress. There is a section in the first help article link that talks about this. To allow hosts to use this feature, it does need to be enabled in the Zoom web portal and it requires our newest client version, just released this week! https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476093

I know this is a lot of information but I really hope it helps!

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Hi I just had the same issue as the OP above. I'm the host of a meeting and I assigned participate to breakout rooms. When a participant left the breakout room to ask me a question, they couldn't get back to their breakout room. And on my end, it just notes that the participant in question had not yet joined the breakout room that I assigned him to. And the only option the participant had on his end was to leave the entire meeting. I ended up putting him in a different breakout room, which was not ideal because of the topics being discussed. But it was the only way to keep him on the call. 

GudZOOMer
Listener

I see this issue all the time.  Participants get kicked out of their breakout room, usually because of some connectivity reason, then i cant get them back into their room because i as host have no options.  I sometimes move them to another room and then immediately move them back to their assigned room but that can be disruptive to others.  Why can't ZOOM add the option for us to send them back to the main room and re-assign them?

ART123
Listener

I've gotten in the habit of always creating one extra breakout room and leaving it empty.

Agree that Zoom should fix this