cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid account limits session to 40 minutes

Chris6414
Listener

Why is my paid account suddenly limited to 40 minutes.  Before now it was an unlimited time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Chris6414 ,

Per http://status.zoom.us there has been an issue identified that is impacting some paid users reverting them to Basic.  Support is working fixing this now.  Hopefully this will be resolved for you sooner than later.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Chris6414
Listener

Replying to my own post, here.  By some magic I managed to get to tech support and they helped me assign my license to myself as a user in "User Management" via web portal .  No explanation why this never was an issue in the past, but that's okay.  I'm happy to have the issue resolved and pass it along here.

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @Chris6414 ,

Per http://status.zoom.us there has been an issue identified that is impacting some paid users reverting them to Basic.  Support is working fixing this now.  Hopefully this will be resolved for you sooner than later.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Thanks.  This makes more sense than their telling me it's not an issue and that I needed to make myself a User.  I appreciate this better explanation.  The fix they suggested allowed me to schedule a longer meeting but if it fails I'll know to go back to them and insist on a fix.

Thanks for you post.  I think I'm having the same issue.  Got the pro license a couple months ago and just hosted first meeting which stopped after 40 minutes.  Can you give a little more detail about how you "fixed" the issue?  The account, of course, has an owner (me), and I set up an admin and a user.  I used the admin role to schedule and host the meeting that timed out.  Looking at the roles, the owner is shown licensed, but the other two show basic, and can't be changed to licensed because it "requires another license".

I had the same problem on Saturday evening, suddenly I was marked as Basic and my family catch-up was terminated after 40 minutes, even though I am paid up to mid April.  I posted this as a problem and this morning when I went in to check if anything had changed and I had been reverted to Licensed from Basic.  I don’t know if this was the result of my problem report or just a correction of a fault which caused the original error, but sorted for now.

I'm having the same problem.  Got the pro license a couple months ago.  I created an admin and a user.  Using the admin role, ran a meeting this week that stopped after 40 minutes.  Looking at the three roles (owner, admin, and user), only the owner shows licensed; the other two show basic.  Trying to change either of them to licensed, I get the message that I'd need to add additional licenses.  If there's a work around, is it posted somewhere?

Any updates on this? A handful of users I'm working with are experiencing this issue and it is disrupting their Zoom meetings. 

Thanks Chris! I was able to figure out in the "User Management" section.

Dan_ZoomSE:

I have had a pro account subscription for several years.  I use Zoom routinely each week for many hours and must restart my system after 40 minutes each use.  It sounds like Zoom is fixing to get ready to resolve this issue.  Any luck yet?

Signed,

Kbbrown79

A Faithful Customer

ok. it's HAPPENING AGAIN!!  since I make my living on zoom, I can't express enough what a pain this is. Please send an email when this is fixed? 

Darci1914
Listener

I am having the same problem.  I have a paid account, but the 40-minute time limit pops up.  

Thuyk_Lynk
Listener

dạy học onl 

Korozaki
Listener

Hi there, I have paid to upgrade licenses but still my account as basic.

zgwstores
Listener

I have the same issue.   Very frustrating to pay for the service as a loyal ZOOM customer for years, and than my "big" meeting gets interrupted after x minutes.   Been going on for months now.

jennifer08
Listener

This has happened to 3 different accounts/paid Business licenses within our organization for the past few months.  Zoom, what's causing the delay to resolve this issue?

Memaedwards1987
Listener

I have also had the same issue for months and can't get a hold of anyone via phone support.

How do we fix this issue? I can't keep getting kicked out at 40 minutes. If that's the case, I'd like my money back for the months I have paid for an upgraded account and not being able to use it!

wbrown
Listener

I am having this same issue. My account is registered under an Admin and I use the account under my name as the licensed one. I am using Calendly to schedule meetings. I am having meetings consistently reduced to 40 minutes even though I am subscribed under a Pro account.