cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHOTO DOES NOT DISPLAY WHEN I "STOP VIDEO"

JanetLaMere
Listener

I learned that if I uploaded a photo on Zoom, it displays when I "stop video" in a meeting.  This was working fine for a while; then I clicked on "stop self view" and now I can no longer see myself when I stop video.  I have clicked on that feature again, but I still cannot see myself in my meeting if I stop video - and I don't know if others can see me either.  When I "stop video," my name and photo disappear from the group wall.  There are days I don't want people to see me and I loved that I could just put up a photo, but I no longer seem to be able to do that.

Thank you for your assistance!

Janet LaMere

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @JanetLaMere.

I’m not exactly following what you have and haven’t done, but I’ll refer you to this Zoom Support article that explains some of the options you’re referring to. 

When you “Hide Self View”, others can still see you. What they see is the same, whether it not it have enabled Hide Self View. 

What they see depends on if you have Started Video (they’ll see your camera image), and if you’ve Stopped Video, they will either see your Profile Picture if uploaded on your Profile page (https://zoom.us/profile) or your initials based on the Display Name on your Profile.

Just look at the Start/Stop Video button to determine if they can see your camera. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray, you perfectly re-articulated the situation - I used to be able to "stop video" during a Zoom meeting and the photo I uploaded would display on my end.  Ever since I hit the "Hide Self View" button, I no longer see my image on my end, and I lose my place in the "grid."  I did an experiment with someone on Zoom and yes, she could see my image, but I could not.  This is what I am trying to straighten out - I would still like to be able to see my photo on my end if I "stop video."  

Ray_Harwood

During a meeting, or from the Zoom client app, go to Settings -> Video and look for the Hide Self View check box:

Ray_Harwood_0-1671594759337.png

It should be UNCHECKED for you to see your own camera (or picture/initials if you've stopped video).  If it is CHECKED, change it to UNCHECKED... that should make you visible to yourself again!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks, Ray.  I've tried that, and I am still having the same issue.  It actually does not show a checkmark next to "Hide Self View." I thought I should be able to toggle on/off, but it doesn't seem to work.  I'll try it again in the morning, but I know I've repeatedly clicked on "Hide Self View" several times to try to restore to being able to see my phone when I stop video.  

Sorry, try to see my PHOTO, not phone.  lol. 😀