cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overtaking the host-role

TinaTeamSinding
Listener

I have the login details of both my own and my CEO (team) Zoom-account. When I click the Join meeting link to our team meetings, I am automatically signed in with my CEO's account, meaning that I take over the host role. If I try to test any of the links to our planned client meetings, I get logged on with CEO account, meaning also that if she has an ongoing meeting then, I kick her out of that. I have tried both the desktop app and launching from browser (Chrome). I work on a Mac. Any advice? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Madmilne
Listener

when you are both not on a zoom meeting, go into the zoom account and log out. then log in with your own account. It will keep you as the CEO account until you log out of it. Or top right hand of the zoom panel when you open zoom on your desktop - has your initials (or your ceos initials if you are logged in as him). Click that and the drop down has "switch account". you can switch to your own account that way also. prob best to try when you know he/ she isn't on a call though. Hope that helps. let me know if you get it sorted. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Madmilne
Listener

when you are both not on a zoom meeting, go into the zoom account and log out. then log in with your own account. It will keep you as the CEO account until you log out of it. Or top right hand of the zoom panel when you open zoom on your desktop - has your initials (or your ceos initials if you are logged in as him). Click that and the drop down has "switch account". you can switch to your own account that way also. prob best to try when you know he/ she isn't on a call though. Hope that helps. let me know if you get it sorted. 

TinaTeamSinding
Listener

Thanks! I assumed the desktop Zoom and the browser Zoom were synchronized, but turns out you were spot on, and as soon as I signed out via the browser, I could join the meeting without stealing the spotlight, lol.