cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Zoom meeting marked as Private

JoshuaThompson
Listener

We have noticed that Zoom meetings created in Outlook that are marked PRIVATE have their meeting details exposed when synced to the Zoom Meeting client.   

Example:  User A creates a meeting on her Outlook calendar and has it marked as Private.

User B has zoom scheduling privileges' for User A so they can see Users A calendar. 

User B also has permissions on Users A outlook calendar to create meetings (if this matters for this cas)

User B has her own Outlook calendar connected in the Zoom Meeting client.

User B can now see the subject and body of the private meeting that user A created.  

This goes against the point of marking a meeting as Private

There are 4 users with scheduling permission on this user A and they can all see the private meeting in their Zoom Meeting client for User A.

Ticket:  12512942 has been created for this but I wanted to reach out to the community to see if others are seeing this as well?

1 REPLY 1

BGewehr
Listener

As far as I know the detail properties from a calendar entry that get used in Zoom are not differenciating between private and public. The advice from Zoom should be ignored in that case so to remove the meeting subject like this:

Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity "<roomUPN>" -AddOrganizerToSubject $true -OrganizerInfo $true -DeleteAttachments $true -DeleteComments $false -DeleteSubject $true -RemovePrivateProperty $false

Now all appointments will only show who invited and not the subject. 

I know, this is not what you expected, but that is how it currently is...

I hope Zoom will offer a possibility to ignore the subject ONLY for the private meetings on their side...