cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Rescheduled Mtgs not moving on Zoom Client

blehn
Listener

We're using Outlook to schedule an appointment (1) and then "Add A Zoom Meeting," which works great.  If a client requests that we reschedule the meeting (2), we follow Zoom's instructions and edit in Outlook, but the Zoom client sends meeting alerts for the first meeting (1).  Our Outlook calendars and Zoom are synced, but the first meetings (1) are NOT being moved and/or deleted.  Clients and staff think they're missing a meeting that was rescheduled.

How can we force Zoom client to update to reflect Outlook?

23 REPLIES 23

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello, @blehn I am aware that you last posted a while ago, but I want to make sure you get help. Are you still experiencing this problem? If so, I'd love to assist you in finding a solution.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

NemanMTX
Attendee

Bumpity bump!

1. Create a meeting in Outlook

2. Add a Zoom meeting

3. Save/send/whatever

4. Reschedule (or delete) in Outlook

5. Zoom website still shows original meeting and Zoom client meeting reminders pop up for the original meeting

I propose we call this a "Zoombie" meeting.

Alieire
Listener

Same question and concerns asked multiple times in this community, and no answers?

Not only reminders, but frequently the zoom link in the rescheduled meeting in Outlook becomes invalid

NemanMTX
Attendee

Was attacked this morning by a Zoombie for a (rescheduled) meeting with a C-level exec.

Makes me wonder what he saw... @RN any ideas?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @NemanMTX suggest looking into the KB on Reporting inappropriate behavior.

You have the following options: 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hi @RN. I had joked earlier in this thread that I'd use "Zoombie" to refer to a meeting that was rescheduled in Outlook but didn't correspondingly get rescheduled in the Zoom site, forever destined to wander cyberspace looking for its participants. In other words, the central problem of this thread. (Not a Zoombombing.)

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@NemanMTX never heard that one before! LOL, that gave me a good laugh. No worries, thank you for clarifying! 😆

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I DEMAND ROYALTIES!!!!!1!

🙂

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Alieire @blehn can you please confirm whether you are using the Outlook Add-in or Outlook Plug-in? Can you also please confirm the device you are using whether it be Windows OR MAC? Thanks!  

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I believe that I am using the Outlook Add-in, but can you please explain how to determine? I read through the help articles, but find it confusing to differentiate. And I am using Windows 10 Enterprise

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Alieire gotcha, thank you for the info! The plugin is an installable file package that you can use from Outlook on your desktop. The add-in is built using the Microsoft API and is used from Outlook on your desktop or the web. Let me know what you're using and we can further troubleshoot your issue 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

ok, but how to determine which one is set up in my Outlook?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Alieire how do you access Zoom in Outlook? Through the Microsoft Outlook plugin (desktop) or add-in for Outlook (web)? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I use Outlook destop

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Gotcha @Alieire what I thought! 🙂 Do you mind taking a screenshot of where you're seeing the Zoom plug-in (desktop)?

I am live testing as I go through this with you, and I've got the add-in to work when needing to update meetings from outlook <-> client. After updating, the name of the meeting was updated, tested also with changing my PMI and date of the meeting, and was updated within the client. (please see attachment)

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I appreciate your live testing. This error has happened a number of times with rescheduled meetings, but not always. And I don't know until the meeting is supposed to start and I get a dozen emails saying that the link is not working. 

The second screenshot is of a meeting I scheduled for my boss, and actually updated the default meeting name/calendar entry from "Sara's Zoom Meeting" to ".....Executive Producers" immediately, before the invitation had even been sent.  This meeting was NOT RESCHEDULED, but clearly Zoom is not syncing/updating with Outlook 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Alieire np! Do you mind running me through the process of you scheduling a meeting?

For example, in my screenshot above, I go to 'New Mail' and click the carrot --> New Event --> Add Zoom Meeting from there using the add-in.

I am seeing some discussions within some tickets that were submitted, looks like we're investigating the Cancel/Update buttons, as the operation is Microsoft-dependent (as that's what I've found so far).

And that goes for the same reason the Zoom Add-in has been deployed with the functionality to edit/update the meetings to reflect the changes on all platforms (Outlook, Zoom web portal, and Client). 

In the meantime, I would also try some of the following steps to see if this helps (clickable links within text)

• Bi-directional Sync: You can use bi-directional syncing to ensure that the Zoom meetings that you create or update on either Zoom or external calendars (such as Google and Outlook) will automatically sync across all integrated applications.
  • Update Outlook and Zoom (if available)
    • Remove the Outlook Add-in and re-add 

I also saw you mention scheduling a meeting for your boss? If so, I would check out the KB on implementing Using scheduling privilege and How to schedule for another user (Zoom plugins, add-ins, and add-ons).

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

As I showed via screenshot in another thread https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/User-can-t-reschedule-Outlook-meetings-that-contain-a-Zoom-li...  Bi-directional Sync HAS been enabled, hence my frustration

Yes, my usual step would be in Outlook Calendar, either clicking the carrot under New Meeting, or clicking the time slot in the calendar itself in order to open a box to schedule the new meeting. After filling in the meeting title and inviting attendees, I would click "Add Zoom Meeting" button from the ribbon using the plugin.

alsull416
Listener

I am still having this same issue with Zoom failing to sync updates made in Outlook calendar.  I am using the Zoom plugin with my desktop application of MS Office 365.  When I reschedule a meeting, the original still shows in Zoom and triggers reminders.   

Also, when I reschedule a meeting, the Zoom link appears to become invalid.  Outlook calendar is the source of truth, and I have taken to scheduling meetings without a Zoom link (turned off the  option in the Zoom plugin to automatically add a Zoom link to new meetings), and instead I manually add a link just before the meeting start.  This saves all the "link doesn't work" emails from attendees, but it more work for me.   

It appears these have both been issues for some time - has Zoom determined a fix for either yet? 

Wondering if anyone has found a solution to these issues.  I'm plagued with the same problems.

matt_tanny
Listener

I'm still running into this issue. What is the workaround provided? I reschedule the Outlook Meeting but people still join because the Zoom meeting that I attached doesn't get updated. I use the Add Zoom meeting as well.

In fact, I think I might just start using Teams meetings instead to avoid this problem. This is one of the biggest let downs I've seen with a video chat tool. Can't use Zoom if my meetings don't get updated!!

amandaf
Listener

Workaround: In Outlook (using desktop), after you reschedule the meeting:

1. Open the meeting again
  2. Click on the Settings option in the Zoom toolbar
  3. Click the Update button at the top of the Zoom sidebar

I don't know if this works in every scenario, but I just watched it update Zoom after I updated two meetings, so it works for at least some meetings.