cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing volume drops on Android phones?

BigM-Muskoka
Listener

All 3 of my LG phones (high-end) have  a problem with outgoing volume dropping by 50%, especially during a meeting with 40 or more.  Wondering if anyone found a 'work-around' for this issue?  btw: on my phones, I cannot find any so-called slider-bars to make adjustments in settings.  The SETTINGS options are scaled-down from what I see on the help pages online.   When I use an Apple tablet, all problems disappear.

Comments, anyone?  If it's just that Androids are inconsistent on Zoom, I will pick up a spare Apple for zoom use.

8 REPLIES 8

jtietz
Listener

I have the same issue on multiple Android devices.

I just bought an older Apple Ipad on eBay to use exclusively for Zoom. Problem ‘solved’. 🙂

87 percent of devices are Android that's not solved at all 😞

my method is a ‘work-around’. eBay allows someone to acquire the tech means to get the job done at a reduced price. Works for me. What I am hearing is that 87% of users are conducting crud meetings—which is no solution at all (with all due respect).

jtietz
Listener

Hey! So I have a fix which is still a workaround. I installed a volume boosting app and increased the volume during the call. Works very nicely.

Hope this helps someone else!

Hey, Zoom, may want to fix this!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @BigM-Muskoka and all on this discussion, it's been some time since you've posted this! Do you mind sharing the KB articles from Zoom Support where it mentions the scaled down on the volume? Zoom just uses your systems volume to turn the volume, e.g., turning your volume up and down using the side buttons, suggest checking out how to change volume, sound, & vibrate settings

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

If you really think neither of us have tried the volume rockers... 😞

The app/device appears to be misclassifying the audio from a Zoom session as an audio phone call. It's even indicated in the media bar when changing the volume.

This appears to put the speakers into "call" mode which is softer and lower volume.

The best workaround I still have is using a volume boosting app. It appears to simply add gain to the sound as it definitely reduces quality for increase volume.

BigM-Muskoka
Listener
Once I switched to Apple Devices, my volume problems disappeared. I can even hook up via Bluetooth for audio & watch the video on the tablet. Or I can wire the output into my AV amp & watch a presentation on the big screen. No matter what, there is no oscillation in my audio-mic output.

I gave up trying to figure out why the audio was so poor on a variety of Android devices.