cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original sound for musicians default setting is off?

Katykellysopran
Listener

my zoom used to save my professional audio settings, and whenever I would log in I would have to do nothing. 

for the past few months, I now have to switch the setting to on, as it defaults to off. 

I have a lot of technically challenged students who I have to talk through this process every time and they find it daunting. 

Why is this now the default setting? Is there a way of changing this. 

thanks 

Katy 

14 REPLIES 14

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

I don't recall the exact update that changed this, although I do recall that it was the one that started calling it "Original Sound for Musicians". During that update they removed the ability to have Original Sound ON when connected to a specific microphone.

I and many folks that I know are missing this feature.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

1123Music
Listener

Absolutely agree Katy, there's many community threads on this subject. I'll mirror your request to Zoom...

Thanks to Zoom, for adding "Original Sound for Musicians", but...

***It used to be a Default setting, now for every new session it has to be manually turned on by me and my students 3-4 times a day. 

PLEASE bring back the Default setting (automatically on all the time) for "Original Sound for Musicians"!

Thanks, Chris

TraceyChallis
Listener

Please bring back the default setting for  " Original sound for Musicians "  We have to turn it on for every Zoom , many different staff members,  and often forget to do this ending in poor quality Zoom recording.  

Thanks Tracey 

ZoomTestKitchen

In regards to this very popular request for a feature we used to have and now do not, Andy CarluccioEvents Engineering Manager at Zoom responds with a pretty thorough explanation of why it happened.

AndyOnOfficeHours.png
A clip from Office Hours Global  |  https://youtu.be/4Ay6kYGgVyw?t=4441

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

The clip is helpful but many users (from what I see in this community) are like us and we need it on for EVERY meeting because there is music in every meeting.  Given the bazillion settings that can be customized, the omission of this one seems odd.

I neglected to say that we are a church.  We have non-professionals running Zoom for our services.  The tech team tries to minimize opportunities for mistakes during our services.  The change of this setting has already generated complaints. 

Re: his explanation, I am one of the pro users teaching guitar lessons every day with an audio interface, headset, direct guitar sound etc. Sounds like he's saying they won't reinstate the default "original sound for musicians" due to the fact that most people don't have a pro setup???

The explanation on why the Original Sound ON is not default anymore wasn't very clear - even if  trying to protect the company humbly. It didn't make sense. So....What is and how to install the MSI integration. Do you have to upgrade from PRO account and pay more money? How do WE get that default setting back on ON - Zoom seems to go backwards in quality in so many levels? Suppose to be a friendly daily companion.

We're asking for Zoom to make available the OPTION for SOME USERS to make Original Sound the Default, AS  IT WAS BEFORE the UPDATE!  We're NOT asking  to make Original Sound the Default for all users! Ignoring this point [as the clip above does] just muddies the entire discussion!                ZOOM: YOU'RE MISSING the POINT!!

YES!!! Now is It's terrible....for music makers now. I often forget to turn it ON or it turns OFF when I open it when I do any other movement or click and I don't know until someone tells me the sound is terrible.

Shshsh
Listener

The guy in the video is incorrect about laptops not benefitting from the pro audio setting. My singing students who turn on original sound on their Mac laptops sound better and Zoom stops cutting out their high notes.  So you do not need a separate mic to benefit, although it is certainly better. He also suggests to grab the psi installer (which is only for Windows) and almost no one serious about audio or with him studio uses. 95% is Macs.  So please Zoom engineers at least add an additional  "persistent pro audio"  setting to the Zoom meeting settings in Admin on pro paid accounts!

SK108
Listener

It's terrible....for music makers now. I often forget to turn it ON or it turns OFF when I open it when I do any other movement or click and I don't know until someone tells me the sound is terrible.

roarkh10
Listener

We're asking for Zoom to make available the OPTION for SOME USERS to make Original Sound the Default, AS  IT WAS BEFORE the UPDATE!  We're NOT asking  to make Original Sound the Default for all users! Ignoring this point [as the clip above does] just muddies the entire discussion!                ZOOM: YOU'RE MISSING the POINT!!

Emerson9
Listener

Agreed, this is very fustrating for my less technical music students. Please allow an option to keep Original Sound on