cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original Sound not detecting instrument audio 5.13.3

Hi2023
Listener

Hi Zoom Community, 

I've been using Zoom for clarinet lessons with my old laptop for almost 2 years, never had any problem with original sound. Teacher has always been able to hear me playing. 

However, recently bought a new laptop and installed 5.13.3 then problem occurred. With screenshot of setting attached, Zoom is not able to record instrument audio as well as vocal audio completely. It either records part of it or not at all, however Zoom can record a full conversation without any issues. 

Have tried changing the selections in Advanced setting, but neither works. 

Can someone please help me out? Thank you.

Hi2023_0-1673657217599.png

Hi2023_1-1673657662488.png

Hi2023_2-1673657674211.png

14 REPLIES 14

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi 2023,

on the top left of your zoom meeting screen, have you toggled original sounds for musicians from 'Off' to 'On'?

Eliot_0-1673660965132.png

Eliot_1-1673661148801.png

thanks,  eliot

Hi2023
Listener

Hi Eliot, 

Yes I have enabled Original Sound for Musicians, but can't hear me singing or playing, only talking can be heard. 

Hi2023_0-1673669685579.png

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

All  your Zoom settings look correct, which makes me think that your new laptop may have some audio processing software preloaded on it that is running behind the scenes. I would recommend taking a look at Windows Task Manager -> Startup Tab to see if any of the apps/services that auto-start jump-out as the culprit. If you think you find it, then right-click and disable it.

I have a very long list of these apps, and have almost all of them disabled. Most just are not essential.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Hi Jeff, I am hoping you can help me.  When  as a guest playing guitar the others in the room hear muffled sounds to not hear me playing guitar at all. I am not tech savvy but with help I can follow instructions. I have an HP Windows 11 with intel i5, 8 gb ram, 256 ssd. Initially I used the built in microphone but hearing my guitar was inconsistent and very poor. Then a friend purchased a usb microphone which initially worked well with my voice and guitar I was told. But, as of the past few weeks the guitar playing has been muffled sounds to cutting out to none. The voice is fine. 
Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thank you. 

I think itā€™s an upgrade issue. Log a ticket with zoom they might look into it quicker itā€™s causing me serious issue for my work.

I think itā€™s an upgrade issue. Log a ticket with zoom they might look into it quicker itā€™s causing me serious issue for my job.

Hi Helen, I was able to correct the issue as I did a search on you tube and found the advice that did it. I appreciate your kind and thoughtful suggestion. 
Be safe, be well, God bless you. 

Care to share for all of us to learn what you did so we may try to see if your fix is our fix?

AndyM1
Listener

Hi I had the same problem with my new PC and playing the violin for music lessons on zoom. (It used to work OK on my old PC.)   I followed all the instructions about audio for musicans and made sure that Original sound for musican was set to On but it still didn't pick up my violin.  I then looked under the advanced tab and changed the "Signal processing By Windows audio device drivers" from auto to Off.  Zoom now picks up my violin correctly.

I hope that this works for you.

I think itā€™s an upgrade issue. Log a ticket with zoom.

Hi Andy, I was able to correct the issue by doing a search on you tube. The advice given did it. Thank you for your kind and thoughtful suggestion. 
Be safe, be well, God bless you. 

We tried that for one of my students and it didn't work.  It may be a Windows configuration as my student purchased a new laptop and installed her web cam that did work on her prior laptop.

VPianoStudio
Listener

Based on their most recent update (see latest article related to original sound), it looks like users will need a paid account to access the original sound feature. It's not extremely clear and there are thousands of music teachers/students who are frantically searching for other options/alternatives to Zoom this month.

If this is not the case, then Zoom Support needs to clarify the update.

NVUS
Listener

Finally the right answer -- they are maybe cash strapped and want to kick all of the free loaders (our students) off of the platform.  If this is a substantiated case, we teachers should all boycott their system all at once and make them more cash strapped.  I'm now on the hunt for a Zoom replacement