cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optional Registration for Meetings?

smilam
Listener

Is there a way to make registration OPTIONAL for meetings? I would like to offer participants the option of registering (as a sort of "RSVP" system), but still allow people to join last minute if they are so inclined.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Yes, this can be done. When you require registration, users register and then get a link to the meeting after registration. This is if automatic approval is turned on. With manual registration approval, you would be approving them. Once they have the link to the meeting, it can be shared, and the users that get the meeting link do not have to register. So, register for your own meeting with a different email, and share that link before the meeting. 

If you want to require registration and only registered users can join the meeting, see my youtube video below. 

Thank you. 

Only Registered Emails can Join a Zoom meeting https://youtu.be/Gg-RZBzBGFY

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

chrismenard7

Yes, this can be done. When you require registration, users register and then get a link to the meeting after registration. This is if automatic approval is turned on. With manual registration approval, you would be approving them. Once they have the link to the meeting, it can be shared, and the users that get the meeting link do not have to register. So, register for your own meeting with a different email, and share that link before the meeting. 

If you want to require registration and only registered users can join the meeting, see my youtube video below. 

Thank you. 

Only Registered Emails can Join a Zoom meeting https://youtu.be/Gg-RZBzBGFY

Thanks so much! This is what I needed!

chrismenard7

Glad to help. Have a wonderful day.

Hi Chris! I had figured this out by chance, and then when I did a rest run of my meeting today everyone that used the shared link from my test registration entered with my name! I definitely do NOT want that! Lol. I have a meeting on Tuesday where about half the people have formally registered, but the other half have not (they are on my email list and signed up for the meeting that way but made it there through a facebook ad so they didn't have to do the Zoom reg). Do you know the best way to get a working link to non-registered people so that they don't log in with my name? Thanks so much!