cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old chat posts not visible to late joiners

horseboxface
Listener

Hi Guys 

When I start a zoom I have many people on the call, 60+  meaning I have to post multiple times to make sure that late arrivers get the important messages - is there any way to set the zoom session so that late joiners see all the chat history since the call was initiated ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @horseboxface,

I don't think there's currently any way to do this.  I'd suggest making a Feature Request here:

Feature Request: https://www.zoom.us/feed

There's a couple of ways this could work, just thinking about it a little here:

• If Zoom created a "Pseudo-Attendee" named "Pinned Chats" that only Hosts and/or Co-Hosts could send messages to, and those always appeared any time someone joins the session.
  • Add a menu pop-up for Hosts/Co-Hosts who could right-click any post (regardless of who made it), and allow the post to be made "Pinned" or "Unpinned" as needed. Keep this in a space at the top of the Chat box for everyone to be able to see readily.
  • Maybe someone could make a Marketplace app that allowed the Host to pre-load "important messages" into it, and the Marketing App would simply send that info privately via Chat to each attendee as they join.

Interesting concept, though.  I like it!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !