cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTP issue. I turned off OTP verify but still " OTP " code asked when login to Zoom app.

RangaAMDT
Listener

Spoiler
OTP issue. I turned off OTP verify but still " OTP " code asked when login to Zoom app.

I am use zoom premier package for my education company.  So I share my logins with lectures to conduct classes. 

(most of them doing classes at home) Some times we can provide OTP at correct time and some times we can't.  please help me to sort this problem.  I did following things but still OTP asking. 

01. Remove all app data

02. Software reinstall 

03. OTP option enable and disable back. 

( ** I notice this issue happen most of MAC machines. )

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @RangaAMDT,

I'm referencing this Zoom Support article, which you may have already found:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6188435206157-Verifying-your-account-via-one-time-password...

In the section "How do I disable the OTP security feature?". it says you can't disable OTP, but can do any of the following:

Have you tried any of these?  Zoom has definitely been beefing up security lately, and while I agree it's sometimes pretty darn inconvenient, it's necessary.

In this Zoom Support article on 2FA, it lists the following 2FA approaches that can be used:

• Phone number that can receive SMS; or
  • Android or iOS device with a 2FA app that supports Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) protocol. The following apps are recommended.
  • Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux, 5.2.2 or higher
  • Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for Windows or macOS, 5.2.1 or higher
  • Users with the work email (email and password) login type

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

RevTara
Listener

There is another workaround besides those mentioned by Ray Harwood below. You can use the "Claim host" feature. It requires the following to work:

• Do not use a waiting room.
  • Enable participants to join at any time (if this is not enabled, Zoom imposes a waiting room whether or not you have enabled this feature)
  • Make sure the "recognized" host is NOT in the meeting; if an official host is present, there is no option to claim host.
  • Ahead of time, provide a meeting participant with the specific "Host Key" found in the account profile.
  • Once the person who will host the Zoom meeting is in the meeting, they can click on "Claim Host" at the bottom of the participant list, enter the Host Key, and have full host privileges. I tested this option with one of my volunteers and it works.