cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTG Cam in zoom meetings

Djikac
Listener

Does anyone know how can I enable and use OTG webcam instead of integrated one on my  android phone zoom app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DDubZoomer
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Djikac,

The Zoom app should automatically recognize your OTG webcam if it is supported on your Android phone.  Although you may have already done these steps, I suggest the following.

1. Validate your Android phone supports USB OTG.  You can check with your manufacturer or use a USB OTG checker.  You can download one from Google Play
  2. Make sure that you are on the latest Android OS version and make sure OTG is enabled in your settings.

If this response resolves your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below to share the solution with the Community.

DDubZoomer

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

DDubZoomer

Hello @Djikac,

The Zoom app should automatically recognize your OTG webcam if it is supported on your Android phone.  Although you may have already done these steps, I suggest the following.

1. Validate your Android phone supports USB OTG.  You can check with your manufacturer or use a USB OTG checker.  You can download one from Google Play
  2. Make sure that you are on the latest Android OS version and make sure OTG is enabled in your settings.

If this response resolves your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below to share the solution with the Community.

DDubZoomer

@DDubZoomer ,

I did everything you wrote. My phone responds to flash drive, mice, keyboard and webcamera but I can't use my webcam connected to phone by an OTG adapter in Zoom app cause it doesn't recognize my OTG camera automaticly and I don't have a option such as this one on Windows version app to switch to another camera manually  https://prnt.sc/26hnhay

Zoom app for Android does not recognize OTG webcam. I've tried this with Nokia G10 and the Logitech C920 webcam. Anyone with a solution? Does it need rooting? How do I do it?

Zoom app for Android does not recognize OTG webcam. I've tried this with Nokia G10 and the Logitech C920 webcam. Anyone with a solution? Does it need rooting? How do I do it?

DDubZoomer

Hello @Djikac,

It seems that currently OTG support in the Zoom Android software development kit (SDK) is not available for cameras. I am checking with the product team when support is planned to be added.

If this response resolves your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below to share the solution with the Community.

DDubZoomer

...same  issue here -any news?