cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBS Virtual Camera freeze

pvandors
Listener

Using Win 11, OBS 29 virtual Camera with latest release of Zoom. In OBS I can change from one scene to another, but Zoom will not change. I can only use Zoom with the original scene selected in OBS. This is severely limiting the benefit of Zoom.

Has anyone else had this issue? It started after moving to Windows 11

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @pvandors just checking in! Are you still having issues with OBS? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

pvandors
Listener

Thanks for checking, I forgot to post an update after I fixed it. It turns out that OBS memory management was the issue. I had many OBS scenes defined, and each requires memory in OBS. Once I deleted them all the issue was resolved. Now I make it a practice to have a small number of working scenes which I modify each week for the Sunday church service. I've had no issues since I made this change.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @pvandors, was able to switch scenes with the following output type and output selection setup in OBS. 

And, of course, ensuring OBS Virtual Camera is selected as the source within Zoom. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

That stopped working for me after I installed win 11. I am no longer able to use OBS and Zoom together.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @pvandors I am currently running 15.13.6, suggest updating if not currently running the latest version of Zoom. You can also try uninstalling Zoom, rebooting, and doing a fresh install of Zoom from https://zoom.us/download 

Also, suggest uninstalling OBS and reinstalling 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @pvandors just checking in! Are you still having issues with OBS? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

pvandors
Listener

Thanks for checking, I forgot to post an update after I fixed it. It turns out that OBS memory management was the issue. I had many OBS scenes defined, and each requires memory in OBS. Once I deleted them all the issue was resolved. Now I make it a practice to have a small number of working scenes which I modify each week for the Sunday church service. I've had no issues since I made this change.