cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications when someone enters the waiting room

Haldurson
Listener

I found a setting that controls the different sounds you can select for notifications. But I REALLY need to hear a notification when someone enters the waiting room, and that isn't happening. Since Zoom has been changed to force the use of a waiting room, I've had a problem with certain attendees who come to the meetings late while I'm sharing screen+audio, and I miss the visual notification that someone new has arrived. I'm not always focused on my desktop during these meetings (ok, confession -- I actually was distracted during the meeting I was hosting while sharing video).

Based on my experiences joining other people's meetings, I've heard such notifications. But I'm not getting them myself -- just the tiny banner that appears. What am I missing? Why am I not getting any audible notification?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Creola
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Haldurson ,

I will suggest making sure your setting is set up to allow sound notifications for your meeting as stated in the User section of this article https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360061039992-Enabling-sound-notifications-for-meetings.

If this is enabled, make sure your Zoom app is up to date. You can download the latest version from www.zoom.us/download

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Creola, I can't tell you how much you helped me. I have been struggling so much. When I'd click on my profile picture, there was nothing there except to sign out. Now, I have the latest version and all these things to choose from when I click on my profile picture. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Creola

Hello @Haldurson ,

I will suggest making sure your setting is set up to allow sound notifications for your meeting as stated in the User section of this article https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360061039992-Enabling-sound-notifications-for-meetings.

If this is enabled, make sure your Zoom app is up to date. You can download the latest version from www.zoom.us/download

Best regards,

This does not address the actual question that was asked.   Any chance that we could get an update on what Zoom is doing to address this issue?

Creola, I can't tell you how much you helped me. I have been struggling so much. When I'd click on my profile picture, there was nothing there except to sign out. Now, I have the latest version and all these things to choose from when I click on my profile picture. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

db-NG
Listener

I think the OP is asking about notification when people enter a Zoom host's waiting room. That is the notification I want to see, I mean hear. The constant ding-dong as people enter or exit meetings becomes distracting, but the waiting for someone to join you while they are actually silently waiting in the waiting room should be brought to my attention.

muness
Listener

Agreed, I need a way to be notified when someone is in the waiting room. The current silent notification is so easy to miss and I've had a problem with this multiple times.

NancyAG
Listener

This is an issue for me as well.  I need to hear when someone is in the waiting room.  I am focussed on other things visually when leading a meeting.

mihkelronk
Listener

So after two years this is still not fixed???

You are correct.  There has been no actual response to the question.

newmars
Listener

The documentation for Zoom contains an indication that at one time audio announcement may have been available for waiting rooms, but I have not been able to find it. 

ssorense
Listener

I need this as well!!

I have now resorted to giving people my mobile number and asking them to call and also keep the participants module open the whole time so I can see if anyone is waiting. Very boring and makes me seem very unwelcoming and rude.

sweetpea_101
Listener

That is unbelievable. What a piece of crap zoom is.