cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification banner stays up too long

Josh2
Listener

Is there any way to adjust how long a notification banner is displayed, imposed over the image of the person I am video chatting with? 

For example, I frequently toggle between Google Docs and having Zoom in full-screen. Whenever I put Zoom into full-screen, it displays the "Press escape to exit full-screen mode..." banner in the middle of the screen. That banner usually covers up the eyes of the person I'm video-chatting with, and it stays up for too long -- causing me to miss important visual cues while I wait for the banner to disappear. (Or, if they are sharing a document, I miss out on important reading/reviewing time while I wait for the banner to disappear.)

I know it's probably only a few seconds, but when you repeat this multiple times over the course of a 1-hour meeting, it adds up, and gets pretty annoying.

Is there any way I can either change the notification banner length, or disable them entirely? If not, is this a feature that Zoom would consider adding in the future? Having such a feature would greatly improve my user experience.

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Josh2, unfortunately, there is no option to disable the banner. You can submit your feedback to zoom.us/feed as your feedback is always welcome!

However, you can change the 'Share Screen; window size when screen sharing to stop your window from always adjusting to fullscreen. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!