cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recording 2 separate audio files despite my setting- urgent, please help

nic2
Listener

It only gives me one audio file with a local recording which is really frustrating, I seem to have all the right details up, am I missing something? This is essential to sort for me with my podcast!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @nic2.

Looks to me like you’re expecting more than one audio file, but you’ve provided a Screen shot of your Web Portal settings which indicate you want multiple audio for Cloud recording. You need to enable multiple audio files on the desktop Zoom app’s settings if you want this in the Local recording. 

See the Recording section of the appropriate operating system section in this Zoom Support article for details on the Record a separate audio file of each participant option:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362623 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ceil
Listener

I am having the same problem.  It would be great if anyone has an answer to this.  

Thanks so much for your response.  I did all of the above, but none of it worked.  I never heard back from Zoom support.  I posted my question in a podcast community and the answer is this:  I record to the cloud and each person has their own audio file, so my problem is solved!

BarbaraF
Listener

I have the same problem - never used to be a problem and my settings don't appear to have changed but my last two recordings - also for a podcast - have failed to produce an audio file for each participant. Help please

I already have this set up and until about a month ago, all of my recordings were separate tracks.  They are now one track and my settings are still set up for individual recordings.  I would appreciate it if someone would address this.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @nic2.

Looks to me like you’re expecting more than one audio file, but you’ve provided a Screen shot of your Web Portal settings which indicate you want multiple audio for Cloud recording. You need to enable multiple audio files on the desktop Zoom app’s settings if you want this in the Local recording. 

See the Recording section of the appropriate operating system section in this Zoom Support article for details on the Record a separate audio file of each participant option:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362623 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

This is so helpful, done and done!

samharmon
Listener

It sounds like there may be an issue with your recording setup. Double-check your settings to ensure that you have selected the option to record separate audio tracks for each participant. Sometimes, this option can be buried in the settings menu, so take a thorough look. Additionally, make sure your recording software is up to date and compatible with your setup. If you're still having trouble, consider reaching out to the software's support team for further assistance. Getting this sorted out is crucial for your podcast, so don't hesitate to seek help to ensure smooth recording sessions.