cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Zoom link invites

CarlDizzle
Listener

Hello,

I'm not sure where else to look, I've gone through all settings pretty thoroughly.  I am not able to receive Zoom link emails from anybody and they're not in the spam folder.  Someone can forward a link to me but a direct Zoom invite link never gets to me anymore. I use yahoo mail and I've searched through those settings as well. 

Hopefully this question makes sense and this is just some stupid, simple setting I've overlooked. 

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Sheila4
Listener

I am having the exact same issue. Have checked “All mail” in gmail and don’t see emails anywhere. The invites, however, do seem to go directly to my calendar.

We have been a business customer for 2 years and lately, we've seen reports from clients that they are either not receiving invitations at all or that the link to the meeting is disabled which is annoying.  I see that both of you are using web-based email and wonder if that is the issue.  The invitations are going out correctly formatted so I'm wondering if this is some new security protocol.  It is almost definitely an end-user or email server-side issue.

Thanks for the reply, that seems to make sense.  Fortunately, I don't use Zoom too often, but it's definitely inconvenient when I do need it. 

My wife has the same yahoo.com email address, I'm going to try sending a test invite to her to see what happens. 

I was hoping someone from Zoom would help troubleshoot this, maybe they don't monitor these too much.

I've confirmed that this is directly related to the invitation formatting.  When hosts create the calendar item for your calendar, they should choose a yahoo calendar format and it will get to you in the proper format including the link.

I've been creating items in Outlook calendar and that invitation creates an .ics file which can't be opened if the user doesn't use a Microsoft calendar.  All 3 users we had problems with used web email clients (xFinity and AOL) and they read  the invitation as html in an .ics file which shows completely blank.

quaker
Listener

I also am not receiving email notifications but, when I sent a note asking if my email was on their bounce list, I was told I was on a basic plan and would have to upgrade for support.