cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Mute/Unmute temporarily using Space bar in Ubuntu version

shehzad
Listener

My kid was using Zoom meeting on Windows. But for some reason I have to move on to Ubuntu recently. 

My kid was frequently using Space bar to unmute  temporarily and ask or say something to teacher while in Zoom Class. But now its not possible in Ubuntu version of Zoom. 

I tried Zoom version provided by Ubuntu package manager (5.4), and also installed and tried on latest version 5.8 but not fruitful.

In list of the shortcuts provided by Zoom Settings, Alt+A is fixed for Mute/UnMute, but no shortcut option available for temporarily Mute/Unmute.

Any Help?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Shehzad.

5 REPLIES 5

Creola
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @shehzad ,

This feature is not available for Linux at the moment, but the Zoom engineering has a feature request in place to implement it. Unfortunately, at this time there is no estimate on when it will be implemented but you can follow the feature release notes for Linux in this article https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205759689-Release-notes-for-Linux

diogoeichert
Listener

I'm having the same issue, looking forward to a solution.

misterdevers
Listener

The web client is available as a temporary workaround. The feature has to be enabled in main settings (not audio options). Also, if your browser tries to launch the client installed on your system, cancel the request and look for "Having issues with Zoom Client? Join from Your Browser" and click the link to open the meeting in the web client.

christoofar210
Listener

It's been how many years now and no one at Zoom can put in the 10 lines of code to make this work?

QuincyNyan
Listener

Already been 3 years, are Zoom devs really this bad? Also requesting, back on Windows, you could press space bar once to toggle mute/unmute, this isn't possible on Linux.