cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No zoom audio output from chromebooks

daleb
Listener

I have installed the Zoom PWA on three different chromebooks and there is no audio output using zoom on any of them. The discontinued app used to work fine. Unfortunately this app is completely useless to me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daleb
Listener

I thought my problem was Zoom PWA only, but I tried Google Meet and experienced the same problem. It turned out in my case, that a Chrome extension disabling html5 auto-play was blocking audio from these particular apps. Adding exceptions for meet.google.com and pwa.zoom.us in this extension allowed sound to come thru. I haven't tried an actual meeting yet, but I can at least do the speaker test from within these two apps and actually get sound! I will update the next time I try a meeting.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Jameswalter
Participant

Step 1: Restart the Chromebook.
Step 2: Reset your Settings. Open Chrome. 
Step 3: Remove your Profile.
Step 4: Uninstall Apps and Extensions.
Step 5: Audio. 
Step 6: Check your WiFI.

Regards,
John

Well, thanks for the reply. Not sure what these instructions mean. It sounds like you're suggesting resetting or removing just about everything on my Chromebook. In particular, what does #5 mean? Audio isn't a verb,

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Hope you have tried the Audio Settings already:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4568819394573

Have you tried using Zoom PWA in incognito mode. Some users have found success doing that. Can you try that if above does not work.

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/No-audio-on-Zoom-for-Chrome-PWA/m-p/67735

Thanks for the response. Yes I've tried the audio settings. The only option is to change which speaker, but since I only have the internal speakers, there is nothing to change. I'm not sure how to use incognito mode when using thís app. Maybe I don't understand something, The process I've used is to open the pwa, navigate to my contacts, select one and choose to meet, I think I get a launch meeting popup, the meeting pops up, video is ok, they can hear me but I can't hear them. Where does incognito come in?

sachinzoom

Hi @daleb Google Chrome has an "incognito window" mode. This is a screenshot on my MAC taskbar

sachinzoom_0-1682619896621.png

Hi @sachinzoom thanks, I'm not going thru chrome directly, I am using zoom pwa, whatever that is. In the app there is an option to start a session in chrome, but I get no oppórtuníty to open an incognito windów when chrome pops up.

sachinzoom

Hi @daleb 

I am thinking you are using the ChromeOS App, which has been phased out. The Zoom for Chrome Progressive App is required to be used now. Please see more details here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/213298746

You will need to migrate to Zoom for Chrome PWA

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403637861005

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Hi 

No, I am using the PWA. The ChromeOS app worked, the PWA does not.

Same here.  Chrome OS worked fine.  PWA (app) does not

My  "solution" is to NOT use the chromebook PWA but run in browser instead. 

Paul_Frommelt
Listener

I too have absolutely NO audio on Zoom on my chromebook.  It is currently on Chrome PWA for Zoom.  Volume all the way up.  Always workde last year!

Yeah we resort to calling and using phone audio when we zoom to my daughter but that is a limited workaround.

sachinzoom

@Paul_Frommelt  Please see my update above as well. Hope that helps

I'm using PWA, not the older Chrome OS (which worked last year).

I am currently using Zoom for Chrome PWA.  That's when the problem began.  The old Chrome OS app always worked well, but is no longer available.  I am using this workaround...Call on mobile phone, put on speaker to hear, then log in on chromebook laptop to view.  My son in law works for Centurylink and called his tech support guys.  It is a known issue, with no resolution in sight

Yes the workaround using a phone for audio is what we do. 

Zoom apparently considers the Chrome PWA to be a low priority.

Paul_Frommelt
Listener

It used to work in the past.  Whatever they changed removed all audio.

willjoe2442
Participant

Check Your Audio Settings
Right-click on the speaker icon in your taskbar and select Sound Settings. Make sure you're using the right output and input devices. Slide the master volume slider all the way to the right. Then run the master volume and microphone troubleshooter

Regards,

Will

@willjoe2442 wrote:

Check Your Audio Settings
Right-click on the speaker icon in your taskbar and select Sound Settings. Make sure you're using the right output and input devices. Slide the master volume slider all the way to the right. Then run the master volume and microphone troubleshooter

Regards,

Will

hey i was facing the same issue when it was attached with third party device, actually i was conducting lecture with my students and i was using earpods attached with bluetooth in my laptop and i was facing grag audio as well as the recieving we all perfect. is it any error in zoom or third party device.

RamRao
Listener

I am having the same problem with the Zoom PWA on my Chromebook: no audio!  Used to work fine with the ChromeOS app.

My solution: Give up on Zoom!  Switch to Google Meet.  I am instructing all my meeting hosts to do likewise, if they want to meet with me.

Try removing all chrome extensions related to the computer audio. Then reset zoom settings and reload the app or website. That worked for me. 

Hmm, I have no extensions related to the computer audio. I may try switching to  Google meet as suggested above.

daleb
Listener

I thought my problem was Zoom PWA only, but I tried Google Meet and experienced the same problem. It turned out in my case, that a Chrome extension disabling html5 auto-play was blocking audio from these particular apps. Adding exceptions for meet.google.com and pwa.zoom.us in this extension allowed sound to come thru. I haven't tried an actual meeting yet, but I can at least do the speaker test from within these two apps and actually get sound! I will update the next time I try a meeting.