cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No record button

LauraH
Listener

Hello,

I am struggling to get the Record button to appear in a Zoom meeting (basic free account) I am setting up to record myself delivering a PowerPoint presentation. I wonder if anyone can help. I have already tried the following based on online advice:

- I have ensured that I am the host

- I have enabled the 'record locally' option within my settings

- I am trying to record a meeting that I have started within the Zoom app/client (not the web version), and have updated this to the latest version

- I have over 80GB of space remaining, so plenty to accommodate the recording

- I have uninstalled then reinstalled the Zoom app, and restarted my laptop

Still no luck! Any tips would be gratefully received! I am having to do this in Teams now but would rather use Zoom in future. Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Sometimes, depending on the configuration of your display and how you have your windows laid out, Zoom will put some lesser-used menu items in the "More" menu:

Ray_Harwood_0-1658411062713.png

Note also the shortcut key of Alt-R to start a recording - if you have the capability of recording and can't find the icon, that's your quick-fix.  Note that all of the shortcut keys are on the Settings menu:

Ray_Harwood_1-1658411202868.png

The "Enable Global Shortcut" should only be enabled if you want Alt-R to start a recording even if the Zoom app is not at front of all your other windows.  Otherwise, it should always work when you're actually on the Zoom window.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !